• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Tripwire Official servers are very laggy (at least NL - HoE)

CitronVert

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2015
Category: Servers

Reproducibility: Always (I think?)

Summary: The HoE servers "NL - Tripwire Official" (and maybe others) are very laggy when there are more than 3 players, often unplayable. To not increase costs, since there are more than enough HoE servers in EU, it's probably acceptable to merge them in 2x less servers but with 2x more resources.

Description:
The HoE servers "NL - Tripwire Official" have been extremely laggy for at least 6 months. The lags are particularly obvious during trader time, especially with 3 players or more, and the server will end up crashing at some point if there are 5-6 players. I personally never play on these servers because of that, but I think it's important to fix them because I often see them full, probably because of the name "official", and so many players who try HoE have bad experience with it. I've only tried the NL official servers in HoE difficulty so I don't know if it is specific or if other servers are affected.

Reproduction steps:
1) In the server browser, filter "Survival", "HoE"
2) Join "Tripwire Official - NL" , ideally when there are already players, on a laggy map like Dystopia
3) Play a few waves without trouble
4) A few people join
5) Notice people start teleporting during trader time
6) A few more people join
7) Notice that zeds now teleport too
8) Someone writes "lag?"
9) Observe scoreboard showing everyone at >300 ms
10) FPs spawn
11) Suddenly, time and space freeze
12) Get sent to the menu with message "Connection has been lost"

Up. Issue is still there, just played on "Tripwire Official - NL - 13348690 ", the game lagged until crash even though we were only THREE players.

If you don't know how to fix the issue just disable the NL servers. There are far enough servers available in EU. But the NL one are labelled OFFICIAL servers so every noob tries to join them, plays a few waves fine then the server kicks everyone out.

Upvote 0