• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire is teh coolest

Afaik gathering from the newspost it will be made by a modteam guided by the TWI team, so TWI can keep focussing on ROHOS while keeping an eye on the progress made with Rising Storm :)
If RS comes out in 2011 we can assume ROHOS will be out a while before RS hits the world, considering the workpace on RS will probably be slower than work on ROHOS, while people get more and more familiar with the tools.

Upvote 0
So um...this has gotta be the first time I've ever heard of a developer announcing an expansion pack at least a year before the actual first game came out. What gives?

It's a mod. Not an expansion. Or at least, that's what it says on the RS website. Whether it will be free or not is yet to be known, but if it comes attached with a pricetag (which I wouldn't mind. After all, you support TWI and mod development) like a DLC it's like a little bit between the two. It's such a new thing there isn't even a word for it yet, I guess. :) How 'bout MODLC? :p

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind if they charge for it, In fact I hope they do, I want to support Tripwire for making High Quality Pc games and sticking to their roots, after all they were a mod team once, I want to support tripwire, so **** activision bastards, and $hitty pricks ea, and gay Ubisoft assholes, Hooray for tripwire and the modders.

Upvote 0