Tripwire is teh coolest

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

EvilAmericanMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
Great news, or the greatest news? I am going to assume Heroes of Stalingrad itself will be out THIS year. Or maybe they mean the expansion will be out December 2011. Whatever the case...kudos to Tripwire for producing games for the 'forgotten' theaters of war...at least forgotten by the West.

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
hehe ... heheheheheh .... bwuahahhahahahhahahahahhahahaha :D.

thx k bai!

btw the announcement also said ROHOS-RS is coming 2011, so ROHOS comes out before 2011...;)

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
So um...this has gotta be the first time I've ever heard of a developer announcing an expansion pack at least a year before the actual first game came out. What gives?

and what about having a release date for the expansion but not for the game itself?

TWI really are pioneers in the industry xD

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Afaik gathering from the newspost it will be made by a modteam guided by the TWI team, so TWI can keep focussing on ROHOS while keeping an eye on the progress made with Rising Storm :)
If RS comes out in 2011 we can assume ROHOS will be out a while before RS hits the world, considering the workpace on RS will probably be slower than work on ROHOS, while people get more and more familiar with the tools.

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
So um...this has gotta be the first time I've ever heard of a developer announcing an expansion pack at least a year before the actual first game came out. What gives?

It's a mod. Not an expansion. Or at least, that's what it says on the RS website. Whether it will be free or not is yet to be known, but if it comes attached with a pricetag (which I wouldn't mind. After all, you support TWI and mod development) like a DLC it's like a little bit between the two. It's such a new thing there isn't even a word for it yet, I guess. :) How 'bout MODLC? :p

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
Wow, this is truly amazing news. I am really happy now. Going to be looking forward to this for sure!

Last edited:

MEGADETHTHRETH

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2009
I wouldn't mind if they charge for it, In fact I hope they do, I want to support Tripwire for making High Quality Pc games and sticking to their roots, after all they were a mod team once, I want to support tripwire, so **** activision bastards, and $hitty pricks ea, and gay Ubisoft assholes, Hooray for tripwire and the modders.

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
this really is great. glad to see the community will get directly into this and showcase their talent! the pacific is a great theater to choose from plus it would go well with In Country featuring vietnam. :)

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
Well, we've all seen what the great interest in Band of Brothers has done for Darkest Hour, so perhaps if The Pacific is still relevant in 2011, it will either boost sales for Heroes of Stalingrad (if it's free), or for itself as a standalone.