• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive is recruiting!

We're not really looking for entry level poeple at this time. We're looking for some highly experienced veterans.
Well, then you've picked the wrong time to be hiring! Wait until next spring, when the end of the fiscal year rolls around and another big game company (Vivendi, something like that) lays off some over-worked game developers to boost 2nd quarter earnings figures! I'm not bitter, honest...

Upvote 0
Does this mean they're planing to have a single player campaign in the next game? I doubt they would want to hire someone otherwise because bots aren't exactly important for a multi player game

Bots are very improtant in a multiplayer game.

They can be used to fill in spots on servers until more people join.
They can be used in LAN matches.
They can be used if you simply don't feel like dealing with uncooperative people online.
They can be used to sharpen your skills.
I could go on, but you probably get the point.

I am very glad to see that position open, I hope to see some improved AI in the future!

Upvote 0
Bots are very improtant in a multiplayer game.

They can be used to fill in spots on servers until more people join.
They can be used in LAN matches.
They can be used if you simply don't feel like dealing with uncooperative people online.
They can be used to sharpen your skills.
I could go on, but you probably get the point.

I am very glad to see that position open, I hope to see some improved AI in the future!

Yea I see that they can be useful, but given a choice between more content in updates (mantling, new weapons, tanks, models, animations, just read the ideas & suggestions forum, theres literraly hundreds of things that could be added) or having bots that can operate tanks and are cleverer at capturing objectives I know what I would choose. IMO the game is intended as a multiplayer game and bots are only really there to pad servers to get players to join and as a bit of target practice if you don't want to go online.

Anyway i'm sure Tripwire have good reasons, I just don't get it. I still think its for improving the AI in OST a bit but mainly to get a single player campain in the next game:D , but I don't really know much about designing games so who knows

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well let's see,

I'd be an applicant with 1 year software development experience (java/j2ee/xml) and 1 year experience working in an optics/ai research lab. I have some experience with c++ but mainly have worked with java.

I'll be out of college aug/dec '07 should I apply or would I just be wasting my time since I only have the one year of experience? Does running a "fansite" for a Tripwire developed game improve my chances? :p

Upvote 0