• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive announces

everything that's been official refers to it as being an "expansion". if the modding team is going to receive compensation for their work, this expansion will not be free. however i doubt it would be outrageously expensive. maybe a $15 or $20 addon? i could accept that if it ends up being as promising as it sounds. :)

Look at Killing floor mapping contest. It brought a lot of great map for free. but devs was payed. It's the spirit of TWI.

Upvote 0
the reason why i think we'll have to purchase it is because the RS team will be compensated for their work. it'll essentially be just like the MN/CC/DH teams from RO doing the same work, but with more TW involvement to create a more polished product worthy of having a price tag put on it. if TW is going to invest money into the dev team, they will need to get that investment back and the easiest means of doing that would be charging for the expansion pack. the important part is that the price isn't too unreasonable. $15-20 to support our community modders and eventually TW? i'd be up for that.

Upvote 0
Very very clever, great to see TW.

If you guys pick up PsychoChicken, you can be certain this is going to be a fantastic mod! I certainly will buy it and I know of many who will.

How a software developer still hasn't poached that bloke I will never know.

The work he did on Darkest Hour was amazing, he has one thing that most people don't have, a grasp on what makes for fun and great team gameplay.

Upvote 0
do i smell money?

SchutzeSepp

Your life will never be the same.....

pimp(1).jpg

*****es and fancy cars will be your share....

Upvote 0
Not sure how successful this will be - reasons are to make the jumgle realistic it needs to be dense, as it was in realaltity but this in turn makes any game very camp orientated as thats how it was in real, only limited paths, very little vision so tending to bump into enemy fire at bind areas of jungle - or camp path waiting for enemy to come along.

Hope i'm wrong and turns out better than this, but going on passed attemps they all have been either very unreal to make fighting less fixed spot - or camp and ambush type game.

time will tell

Upvote 0
Too early to tell exactly what levels we will have in the mod but I assure you that the locations we choose are more likely to include blasted sand than thick jungle. We plan to have a diverse level selection to offer a multitude of environments that are representative of the Pacific campaign. Historically, there were a variety of environments on some rather small islands from sun baked sand to thick scraggly undergrowth. Islands ranged from a few hundred acres of flat nothingness to huge land masses of sand, swamp, mangrove, and mountain. A wide range of locations are out there for our choosing and we will make the best efforts to select those that offer the most in historical content and create the most immersive MP experience possible.

A bit of net searching will turn up tons of photos and videos on the battles that could be included and at worst the effort is a good history lesson.

Upvote 0