• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Appoints new Interim CEO, Alan Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've engaged in cancel culture. As a result this company will not longer get a penny from me. All those koolaid-haired feminist weirdos don't buy games, much less yours. Normies like me do, but no longer. Its a shame, I really enjoyed Maneater and Truth Quest DLC. So long Tripwire Interactive, it was fun while it lasted. Get woke, go broke.

Upvote 0
Good on you Tripwire. Buying all DLC on Tuesday when I get paid and maybe gifting a copy of KF2 to a friend. Also thinking about donating $50 to the Lilith fund in John Gibson's name.

The "woke mob" didn't cancel John Gibson. He brought it on himself by publicly supporting fascism on Twitter (of ALL places) and dragging TWI's public image through the mud with him. His rights haven't been infringed upon. If I say something horrible in public and people know the business I represent, I'm just as liable to get canned from there because it makes the business look shitty. It puts THEM in a shitty position because they don't get to remain in an apolitical stance and just make their product. They are forced into the lamentable position of having to veer towards one stance or another.

So who's to blame for John Gibson not being CEO anymore? John Gibson. Not Twitter, not the 'woke mob,' not pro-choicers, not liberals or leftists. John Gibson did this to himself.

And I'm quite frankly pleased that TWI has not followed suit with the regression to the middle ages mindset of "we own women." Anyone supporting SB8 is garbage. I'm really looking forward to the chorus of wails and impotent rage that will follow when not only does the bill get shut down, but all the GOP legislators and governor that passed it get voted out of office. Can't wait to see a blue Texas.

In the meantime, you guys boycotting the game -- go ahead. You're all toxic and whiny members of the community anyway and you leaving will probably remove a very toxic community presence that has been needing to go for a while. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :)

Upvote 0
Good on you Tripwire. Buying all DLC on Tuesday when I get paid and maybe gifting a copy of KF2 to a friend. Also thinking about donating $50 to the Lilith fund in John Gibson's name.

The "woke mob" didn't cancel John Gibson. He brought it on himself by publicly supporting fascism on Twitter (of ALL places) and dragging TWI's public image through the mud with him. His rights haven't been infringed upon. If I say something horrible in public and people know the business I represent, I'm just as liable to get canned from there because it makes the business look shitty. It puts THEM in a shitty position because they don't get to remain in an apolitical stance and just make their product. They are forced into the lamentable position of having to veer towards one stance or another.

So who's to blame for John Gibson not being CEO anymore? John Gibson. Not Twitter, not the 'woke mob,' not pro-choicers, not liberals or leftists. John Gibson did this to himself.

And I'm quite frankly pleased that TWI has not followed suit with the regression to the middle ages mindset of "we own women." Anyone supporting SB8 is garbage. I'm really looking forward to the chorus of wails and impotent rage that will follow when not only does the bill get shut down, but all the GOP legislators and governor that passed it get voted out of office. Can't wait to see a blue Texas.

In the meantime, you guys boycotting the game -- go ahead. You're all toxic and whiny members of the community anyway and you leaving will probably remove a very toxic community presence that has been needing to go for a while. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :)
How cute Harry. While I don't agree with what you are saying I am glad you have the ability to express your opinion. Don't you realize that just because you find what John said to be fascism (which it is not) more than 50% of americans do not. This is an issue that is split down the middle in America. John didn't drag the companies name through the mud what he did is state his beliefs that like I said half of america share. Don't believe me look at this very page. Its not ok that companies make people chose between their lively hood or their beliefs whether you agree with them or not especially on a issue that is so split down the middle. It was a dumb business decision on tripwires part to alienate half of their possible consumers and they will reap what they sow just as you claim John has.

Reactions: Wizard220
Upvote 0
Can't wait to see a blue Texas.

Everything you posted was a flat out leftist woke mob lie. You talk of being fascist yet you want to cancel anyone who has a different opinion than you. A blue Texas huh, that alone tells us all what you really are. A leftist liberal woke mob who supports mob rule.

Since you are a Democrat you support slavery and the KKK.

Reactions: Tony Malone
Upvote 0
No more money from me. You've lost a lifelong customer until you get back into the business of making games for your customers, not this woke mob crap. The worst is John Gibson was stating his opinion because others were as well, yet only he was the only one punished for freedom of speech. I'm ensuring all my friends know about this.

Upvote 0
A conscious/self-aware human being has no right to own the body (and mind) of another conscious/self-aware human being. To jeopradise the health and future of women because there's a lump of conjoined cells is unacceptable. I really hope the women of this particular US state, and many other places in the world, get the human rights they deserve. I'm baffled that men of power are pushing for limited human rights in 2021, they have resources to do good but would rather support a patriarchal society. Judging by recent news it seems j.gibson has moved on, I appreciate that TWI addressed the situation quickly. I'm sure there'll be busy weeks ahead, I'll continue to play the KF series.

Attachments

• imgk3BLXsAIdZT4.jpg
    imgk3BLXsAIdZT4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: karhuwaari
Upvote 0
A conscious/self-aware human being has no right to own the body (and mind) of another conscious/self-aware human being. To jeopradise the health and future of women because there's a lump of conjoined cells is unacceptable.
A compassionate and not psychopathic human being has no right to kill a developing fetus of a human. Murder of a human being is a murder and should be treated as such.

And I'm not surprised that you are baffled.

Upvote 0
Nobody should lose there career for a difference of opinion. It is hard to imagine that Trip Wire is acting in good faith when there actions seem hostile and intolerant toward someone celebrating an action that (in their opinion) saves lives. Abortion is a contended topic that is nearly split in the United States, but Trip Wire takes the position of self righteousness and declares that "wrong think" wont be tolerated. I won't be patronizing this company going forward.

Upvote 0
A compassionate and not psychopathic human being has no right to kill a developing fetus of a human. Murder of a human being is a murder and should be treated as such.

And I'm not surprised that you are baffled.
Also, a compassionate and not psychopathic human would NEVER seriously argue that the shark in Maneater was justified to murder all those innocent beachwomen. No person who valued human life would ever hide behind the environment to justify murdering innocents.

Upvote 0
Right wing chuds think they're clever with their intentional misspellings (coom, consoomer, frens, etc) but really they are just displaying what we all already knew: they're illiterate morons with a maturity interior to the average five year old brat.
Well, while arguable, some characteristics actually might hold, except the morons. The moron here is someone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.