• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trailer RO:HOS

Rainer_Zufall

Feb 25, 2010
Hi folks!

Im asking TW if its possible that i could make the official trailers for RO:HOS

Would really love to do this.. maybe first i could make a short trailer so you can see if you like it or not..

this is an unofficial trailer i made for IL2 1946

YouTube - IL2 Sturmovik 1946 Trailer HD

IL2 Sturmovik was made by Oleg Maddox, now hes working on the successor of IL2.... Storm of War: Battle of Britain.. i asked him to make the trailer for the game, he sad he will come back to me when game will be released :)

hope you are interested

(quality of "IL2 Sturmovik 1946 Trailer HD" is better than you can see on youtube, it was my fault, i used a wrong codec when i uploaded the vid)

p.s. excuse my school-english :S

In my experience.
Making a Trailer is just the same as a real film.
There are the actors, directer, his assistant/consultant and last but not least the cameraman.
We all had our 'roles' to play and positions to take up before it was in the can.

Jeez, we even had a couple of (tea) breaks while the sequences were being verified. During this downtime bayoneting dead horses was a favorite pastime and kettles were an essential part of our equipment :D.

Upvote 0
I think a trailer needs to show quite a lot of gameplay and game features... When I want to know about a game, I always go for the gameplay videos after watching the trailers, to find out that they are mostly fan made, and probably horrible quality and not representative to the game.

I'm fed up of bull**** trailers like in Crysis 2:

YouTube - Crysis 2 teaser #2

YouTube - Crysis 2 E3 2010 Trailer [HD]

I mean, what the **** is this??

Those videos just say: buy my game, its so awesome that I don't need to show you anything, just the name should be good enough for you, you dumb lemming.

Upvote 0
I think a trailer needs to show quite a lot of gameplay and game features... When I want to know about a game, I always go for the gameplay videos after watching the trailers, to find out that they are mostly fan made, and probably horrible quality and not representative to the game.

I'm fed up of bull**** trailers like in Crysis 2:

YouTube - Crysis 2 teaser #2

YouTube - Crysis 2 E3 2010 Trailer [HD]

I mean, what the **** is this??

Those videos just say: buy my game, its so awesome that I don't need to show you anything, just the name should be good enough for you, you dumb lemming.

It's called teasing, just shows that you shouldn't be in any kind of marketing department or you'd just show of your whole product spoiling everything. Sure some gameplay is necessary, but spoling features in masses and gameplay & core features could just as much be a bad move as a good one.

Jesus, the point of teasing is to get the folks interested and wanting to see more.

Anyway i think Tripwire has their own ideas and skills to produce their trailers and teaser, and no offense but they're not just gonna pick up some random dude at the forums to do a trailer for them..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's called teasing, just shows that you shouldn't be in any kind of marketing department or you'd just show of your whole product spoiling everything. Sure some gameplay is necessary, but spoling features in masses and gameplay & core features could just as much be a bad move as a good one.

I don't know, but I have watched that horrible quality shakeycam vid over 15 times and I can't wait for the game, while I don't give a **** about Crysis 2, no matter how many crappy uninformative high quality teasers they release.

Jesus, the point of teasing is to get the folks interested and wanting to see more.

Well, I'm not interested

Anyway i think Tripwire has their own ideas and skills to produce their trailers and teaser, and no offense but they're not just gonna pick up some random dude at the forums to do a trailer for them..

when did I said they should?

Upvote 0
I agree with Fed here. That top trailer was so annoying to me, I couldn't finish it and the bottom one gave me so little information, I'm sorry I wasted my time on it.
Those are not teasers to me and quite honestly seem so lame that if I had any interest at all (I don't because I had the first Crysis and didn't think much of it, but that is besides the point), it would have been immediately lost.
Early trailers don't have to show alot of gameplay footage, but come on... show something

Upvote 0
tank you welshie :)

and thanks to the other people for feedback

Great Vid Rainer
A trailer IMHO should be a mash between RL footage, FMV and actual gameplay sequences...that's what gets Me excited by a game

explain to me.. what is FMV? :S i think i could make a unofficial trailer for RO:OST and/or DH.. just for fun and to try "RL, FMV (? :D) and gamplay sequences

Upvote 0
I don't know, but I have watched that horrible quality shakeycam vid over 15 times and I can't wait for the game, while I don't give a **** about Crysis 2, no matter how many crappy uninformative high quality teasers they release.

Well, I'm not interested

when did I said they should?

Thats your personal take, just like some people will never give a damn about RO2 because its doesn't appeal to them , no matter how good of a trailer / teaser , game play.

Upvote 0
Thats your personal take, just like some people will never give a damn about RO2 because its doesn't appeal to them , no matter how good of a trailer / teaser , game play.

so, lets make a chessy trailer that appeals to the people who: "will never give a damn about RO2 because its doesn't appeal to them , no matter how good of a trailer / teaser , game play" risking alienating potential customers of this serious game in the process.

yes, I'm sure thats a very beautiful idea

Upvote 0
explain to me.. what is FMV? :S i think i could make a unofficial trailer for RO:OST and/or DH.. just for fun and to try "RL, FMV (? :D) and gamplay sequences
FMV- Full Motion Video, they can be either the Computer generated graphics that You see link game plot between gameplay or live action Video that is also used to tell a story between gameplay, like in for example Need For speed Underground

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkHJzHIbQQg"]YouTube - Need For Speed Undercover Trailer[/URL]

Upvote 0