• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Traderdoor issues

Wolverine15

Oct 1, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm new for Killing Floor SDK. I built a map and i followed every advices that i could read or saw on you tube to how to create a trader doors. When i tried my map, after the first wave, the trader door opened. But since then, the trader door didn't want to open even if restart the game. The only thing i see it's the door stay shut and when i'm near of it it says click "E" to enter. Can someone help me please? It's been almost 2 weeks i try to find out the solution.

Thanks a lot.

Wolverine

In my ShopVolume Properties in Event i wrote the name of my trader "shop" and the tag i left the name "ShopVolume". In shopVolume i wrote in the URL section teleporter. In KFTraderTeleporter Properties in Envents section i wrote Teleporter in the Tag case and i leave the Event case to none.

Now for the KFtraderDoor Properties in the Events section i left the Event case to none and i put the name of my trader "Shop" in the Tag case. The trader door's mover keys was all right i think... I highlight my door and i clic on Key0 (base) for the door shut, after that, i clic on Key1 and i place my door open and finally i clic on Key0 (base) to sut the door.

But for KFuseTrigger I do not know what is it.

did i do something wrong in the way i did my trader shop?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wolverine

Upvote 0
When i right clic on my trader door it appears a box with a lot of commands and the first on the top is KFTraderDoor Properties, and when I clic on it and it appears an other box with commands like Advanced, AI, Collision. In that box I see Movement, Mover, MoverEvents and MoverSounds, is that what you talked about TraderDoorMover? :)

Upvote 0
im sorry im a little slow so i didn't quite understand what you said

so im just gona explain basic set up

in your ShopVolume Properties->Events set the event to whatever your traderdoor's tag is everything else doesn't matter in the Events

next ShopVolume Properties->ShopVolume set the URL to the Tag of ur TraderTeliporters

now for your TraderDoor all you need to do is set it's mover keys you only need 2: Key(0) is default position and Key(1) is Opened Position

now as for you getting ur press use message showing up....... my theory would be that sense you have no idea what a KFUseTrigger is/does then the only other thing would be that your TriggerVolume is OverLaping the Trader Door..... make sure it's inside the trader room only keep at least 1uu( i generally do 2UU's space) space inbetween traderdoor and ShopVolume.

everything else is more advanced and not needed... they can be used later if you want to learn more about them....also what you can do is right click the stuff inside the actor browser and click edit Script.... don't worry we arn't doing scripting here.... more scripters include a discription of the Variables within the script so you can take a peak and read the description..... most of the time thats all you need

example variable discriptions inside the Actor->NavigationPoint->SmallNavigationPoint->Teliporter
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0