• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trader menu, fill ammo / sell weapon change suggestion.

Soanos

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Finland
I would like to see some changes to trader menu, because all too many times I have accidentally sold the weapon I just refilled the ammunition for because of my overly twitchy fingertips. :(

Right now, the "Fill ammo for selected weapon" fills the ammunition for the weapon, but then it changes into "Sell this weapon". If you accidentally click the mouse twice, be it because of lag, adrenaline or hurry... You end up selling your weapon and then have to buy it back and refill your ammunition AGAIN. Who knows, you might not even be able to because you just spent almost all of your cash for ammunition refill. :mad:

I find this extremely annoying, especially when I refill ammunition for my primary weapon only, because I cannot afford 120 bullets for 9mm and 2 grenades and generally avoid using "Auto-refill" button until the later waves when money is no longer an issue.

Could we please have separate columns for buying / filling ammunition and buying / selling weapons in the menu because it would make more sense in my opinion.

Or could we at least have the "Sell this weapon" to appear somewhere else in the column so we won't have to suffer the frustration of losing hundreds of pounds for nothing?

Also, ability to sell away any grenades you have over the 3 you spawn with would be nice.

Okay, as much as I hate bumping and double posting myself, it seems this will be the only way to avoid this thread to be pushed out to page 4 in topic list (was in the lower half of page 3) because of all the horrifyingly mind-numbing brain-diarrhoea the kids are spewing all over the forum. :rolleyes:

Seriously, kids, TWI can't just "add" that gizmo-thingama-doodah you just saw in "Power Rangers" or "Biker Mice From Mars" 10 minutes ago into the game just because "it would look cool".

Because it would:
A) Be stupid.
B) See A.
C) Takes a lot of work.
D) See B.

I think my suggestion would be useful and beneficial for gameplay, and wouldn't be very difficult to implement. What I am suggesting is just merely adjusting some of the UI buttons so you won't sell your weapons by accident at the trader after restocking with ammunition.

Upvote 0
Okay, as much as I hate bumping and double posting myself, it seems this will be the only way to avoid this thread to be pushed out to page 4 in topic list (was in the lower half of page 3) because of all the horrifyingly mind-numbing brain-diarrhoea the kids are spewing all over the forum. :rolleyes:

Seriously, kids, TWI can't just "add" that gizmo-thingama-doodah you just saw in "Power Rangers" or "Biker Mice From Mars" 10 minutes ago into the game just because "it would look cool".

Because it would:
A) Be stupid.
B) See A.
C) Takes a lot of work.
D) See B.

I think my suggestion would be useful and beneficial for gameplay, and wouldn't be very difficult to implement. What I am suggesting is just merely adjusting some of the UI buttons so you won't sell your weapons by accident at the trader after restocking with ammunition.

Another case of someone referring to other's ideas as stupid, but your own idea, is one that's great, and highly intelligent.

While I agree it would be handy to have this change, please don't dismiss others ideas as stupid, and end up just coming across as arrogant and condescending. I mean, seriously, calling everyone kids? Is that necessary? I'm not a kid, I don't watch power rangers. I don't even want to start getting into what you do with your free time, that MUST be a highly useful investment of time. I mean we all know how useful killing floor is for humanity, and furthering society.

Personally if I was a dev, I'd consider dismissing your post just for your attitude, no matter how useful it may be.

Upvote 0
Very true, but I am not sure how to implement this. Maybe add (X) after the weapon name, where X = key on Keyboard, and double-tap to buy / sell weapon?

Maybe when the trader window is open, you highlight the weapon with the keys you use to select the weapon (normally 1-4) and the "reload" key would buy ammo for it, the "drop" key would sell it, the "grenade" key would buy grenades, and some other commonly-bound key (like jump or self-heal or whatever) for the auto-fill ammo function. Then, yeah, you could show those next to the buttons, but those would seem fairly intuitive.

Or probably the simplest to implement would be to just let the user bind those functions to keys of their choosing. All the buttons in the bottom right of the trader screen would be bindable to any key and would probably not be bound by default, like "use last weapon" or "use best weapon" aren't bound by default, but are there in the list for those who want to bind them.

Upvote 0
Another case of someone referring to other's ideas as stupid, but your own idea, is one that's great, and highly intelligent.

Well, I didn't say everyone else's ideas are stupid, I just said that there are some suggestions I don't know if they should make me laugh or cry. Would you consider a suggestions that barely make any sense, such as a radio-controlled, flying crotch-mounted laser turret monkey (Made this up so no-one feels offended)? :confused:

I am pretty sure the answer is no. I feel that when posting a suggestion, one should carefully consider if it would even have a theoretical chance to be implemented. Does it enhance gameplay, and make the gaming experience more enjoyable? Does it make sense? Does it fit in the spirit of the game (struggling for survival against a cloned, blood-thirsty mutant army)?

While I agree it would be handy to have this change, please don't dismiss others ideas as stupid, and end up just coming across as arrogant and condescending. I mean, seriously, calling everyone kids?

Where did I call EVERYONE a kid? Seriously, please help me see the error in my ways.

Is that necessary? I'm not a kid, I don't watch power rangers. I don't even want to start getting into what you do with your free time, that MUST be a highly useful investment of time.

Then good, that part of my comment was not directed to you. So why are you getting so upset about it?

I mean we all know how useful killing floor is for humanity, and furthering society.

Yes, it is a good mutant outbreak combat simulation. I like to be prepared for the worst. :rolleyes:
It is meant to be entertainment, am I right? And anything to let us unwind in this stressful world is good and useful.

Personally if I was a dev, I'd consider dismissing your post just for your attitude, no matter how useful it may be.

I am glad you aren't. ;)

I am sorry if you felt offended by my comment, though. I just felt a bit frustrated at that point in time, for reasons not involving Killing Floor. And then I saw my post being pushed out of page 3 by people spewing out 5 threads each about ninja-robot-rocket-jockstraps and other such things. Seems about 3 out of 5 threads that have appeared lately in this sub-forum make barely any sense, let alone have any coherent sentence structure. I know English is not the native language of every forum user, but... The suggestions some people make... :eek: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0