• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Top Community Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filthscross is a thing of beauty with friendly fire enabled. Imagine those close cramp tunnels and clostophobic spaces and then factor in friendly fire. A pure frightening experience.

I love that map, and I generally like FF, but I have had people walk in front of me and get blown away and get angry and blame me. Had one guy's friend shoot me after I killed his friend because he walked in front of me at head level while I was shooting gorefasts. Idiots like that make me hate FF.

Upvote 0
I generally like FF, but I have had people walk in front of me and get blown away and get angry and blame me.

This has always been the issue with Friendly Fire and I think that's why the Mirrored FF Mut was made. Most people don't notice that a server is FF and we're all used to ignoring the annoying server messages so it's not surprizing that we don't notice, or worse still there are people that don't know what FF is and so you have to explain it to them in the heat of battle.

It would be good if there was a FF flag in the server browser to make it stand out more and also add a filter so that people who dislike FF can avoid them / vice versa.

Upvote 0
I love that map, and I generally like FF, but I have had people walk in front of me and get blown away and get angry and blame me. Had one guy's friend shoot me after I killed his friend because he walked in front of me at head level while I was shooting gorefasts. Idiots like that make me hate FF.
This is mainly the reason that keeps me from slapping FF on my server, freaking accidents happen.

I'd rather the accident of getting PWNED by a Crawler after being raped than getting a full HS with a Hunting Shotgun in the face because some idiot got in the way.
This has always been the issue with Friendly Fire and I think that's why the Mirrored FF Mut was made. Most people don't notice that a server is FF and we're all used to ignoring the annoying server messages so it's not surprizing that we don't notice, or worse still there are people that don't know what FF is and so you have to explain it to them in the heat of battle.

It would be good if there was a FF flag in the server browser to make it stand out more and also add a filter so that people who dislike FF can avoid them / vice versa.
To get the majority of people, you must make the server to some extent, noob friendly.

I think that more detail needs to be added to the Server Info in the Browser, or maybe redesign so the 'pretty things' show up easily. Like Muts, WL status, etc...meaning more details as well. Instead of the stupid question *Which I almost banned someone for, accusing my server not being WLed, when the map in particular takes a delay to add the XP* of is this on, working, listed, etc...they can see it in a nice shiny sign on their screens. *Like the obvious 40 slot servers*
I tried lighthouse but there's several places where the zeds get stuck.
Also some glitchy spots.
Needs to be fixed first.
Screens or it didn't happen, I played this map on my server twice, never see this...maybe ur tricking them into getting stuck?

Only thing I found nice *Not really but this is funny* is the rare death message. "Wrath forgot to come up for air" XD

Reminds me of the UrT death message for water. "Wrath decided to sleep with the fishes. Permanently."

Upvote 0
I did get thrown out of the game entirely on Lighthouse. And so did allot of my fellow clan members. The entire game collapsed when playing lighthouse. :(

Same thing happens with Lost City I think. Any idea? Should I adjust some settings on the server?

(maybe because its a 25 player server?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did get thrown out of the game entirely on Lighthouse. And so did allot of my fellow clan members. The entire game collapsed when playing lighthouse. :(

Same thing happens with Lost City I think. Any idea? Should I adjust some settings on the server?

(maybe because its a 25 player server?)
Anything above the standard 6 slots, expect to not be able to play many maps. Try downloading KF-Die, watch what happens. ;)

I think Lighthouse is much too small for 25. Try AquaStudy.

Upvote 0
Screens or it didn't happen, I played this map on my server twice, never see this...maybe ur tricking them into getting stuck?

Only thing I found nice *Not really but this is funny* is the rare death message. "Wrath forgot to come up for air" XD

Reminds me of the UrT death message for water. "Wrath decided to sleep with the fishes. Permanently."

They get stuck at :

- Just above the stairs when you go up from the bottom trader at the boats : they hang in the air
- In the lighthouse on the stairs : they keep walking on the same spot till you walk up to them
- Outside the lighthouse at the top : they keep walking the same spot till you walk up to them

Behind the lighthouse you can fall through the rocks and fall down just before the water.I healed back till 100% and when I entered the water it instakilled me saying I drowned.
The water doesn't instakill normally.

Maybe I'm using an old version?
KF-lighthouse_Finalv3.rom is the one I played

Easy to finish this map, just stand in the lighthouse and kill everything that comes through the door, nothing comes from behind since they get stuck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Take a few screenies and send it to Latteh, I'm using this one, from the Whitelist, Yoshiro's link

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/155826

The instant death things don't really bother the game play, you shouldn't even be able to get down there, instant death alright...plus try wading through the water to get back to shore, its way too deep to swim across.

I've never seen those three things, probably because everyone is running after them. I'd like to see how this works against Patriarch.

Upvote 0
They get stuck at :

- Just above the stairs when you go up from the bottom trader at the boats : they hang in the air
- In the lighthouse on the stairs : they keep walking on the same spot till you walk up to them
- Outside the lighthouse at the top : they keep walking the same spot till you walk up to them

Yup they love to get stuck there when I play it..... seems like every other wave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Take a few screenies and send it to Latteh, I'm using this one, from the Whitelist, Yoshiro's link

[url]http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/155826[/URL]

The instant death things don't really bother the game play, you shouldn't even be able to get down there, instant death alright...plus try wading through the water to get back to shore, its way too deep to swim across.

I've never seen those three things, probably because everyone is running after them. I'd like to see how this works against Patriarch.

I'm using the same one.
I couldn't wade since it killed me instantly yet at the boats I jumped in the water to see what would happen the first time I played the map and I sunk to the bottom.Then I just swam up again while my health was going down.And yeah,it was deep lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.