• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tool: 10,000 days

triath said:
Piss off, we can call them whatever the hell we want. Better than making up some stupid "Viking Death-Black Angst Metal" sub genre of a genre of a genre genre.

who stole your candy? :rolleyes:
i asked politely not to call them metal or industrial because they are none of both, but some people always need to give big balls :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm a really big Tool fan but I have to say I'm not too impressed with 10,000 Days. I dunno why, I guess I just like the older more grinding riffs on albums like Undertow and Anema better, but then again I did like Lateralus a lot. 10,000 days is similar to that but it just doesn't grab me at all...

Maybe it'll grow on me.

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
I'm a really big Tool fan but I have to say I'm not too impressed with 10,000 Days. I dunno why, I guess I just like the older more grinding riffs on albums like Undertow and Anema better, but then again I did like Lateralus a lot. 10,000 days is similar to that but it just doesn't grab me at all...

Maybe it'll grow on me.
From my experience Tool albums cant be appreciated from the first listening session. You sort of grow into them. At first all the songs sound alike, but when you listen to them a bit more, you'll discover their multylayered content and structural depth. Tool is certainly not everybody's cup of tea, but I like them.

Upvote 0