• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tomorrow for 24 hours Red Orchestra 2 will be Free

OK so I got my copy ... 4 in my library what are the differences from them all. Also do I have to download/ install to keep them ...?

It's all very confusing.

Do I have to fully download it to keep the game or I still get it if I just start the downloading process?

Do I have to run it at least once inside the 24h period or I'll get it anyway if I just finish the download/install but do not execute/run/enter the game?

Upvote 0
In every past "grab free game today" event (Portal, L4D2) just adding title to your steam library was enough. To be sure just start download but I believe this is not obligatory.

I know but the problem is the wording on the announcement, it's just weird:

"If you don’t install, it goes back to its regular price and you miss out!"

Upvote 0
I really get the impression that you must at least start downloading it during this time period, NOT just add it to your library to download months from now for free...

I also got that impression on the wording of the L4D2, but in the end it was enough just to click the button to get it added to your Steam library. I didn't install it back then and it's still there.

Upvote 0