• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To those that Hate fallen heroes.

Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

2. It causes extreme SL camping while a ton of people keep spawning on him.

3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

1. I agree, The hardcore game mode should disable this.

2. Don't exaggerate. It's not THAT bad, lol.

3. I own a BF clan and I've been playing it for a whole lot of hours by now. But there actually are gamers who like the realism of some games. RO for example. I know what to do and how to help my team.
Besides, I would shoot the crap out of you with my rifle, newb! :p We're not all the same.

Upvote 0
Just had first win by area capture as axis. Still needs some work, the flanking spawn area shoudn't be there(when the last area is being captured) as enemy actually starts to come at you from behind after the third point is captured.

For some reason people can't figure out all of the mechanics in the game. Like Squad Leaders aren't being used to smoke and as spawn location. People often don't even realize theres a squad system in the game. I think more information should be given. Maybe even go as far as in BF2 where you clearly see that these dudes are my squad members with a colour icon or something on top of their heads. Or make the score board divide different people in which squad they are in. I'm kinda disappointed in this to be honest, I thought that we would have clear roles like fire/support team ect. in squads and actually be able to figure out the whole thing without knowing too much about the game. Commorose is a great feature from BF2, TWI should make it even better and usefull.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the gameplay on this map, just making better spawn locations, so it actually feels like your team is making progress. Buildings can be effectively blocked with two smokes on each capture point, plus then theres extra 8 to use by other SL on 64 players.

In these types of large maps RO2 will shine. And if the squad gameplay would be made more clear, we can have something big here that even pub games will shine like no other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just had an amazing game on Fallen. I would say close to 75% of both teams were in the cap zones for the majority of the round and that made all the difference. A constant stream of reinforcements from both sides. I did my best to stick with my SL. I could tell he appreciated the effort.

At once point I vaulted a wall near the fountain and landed in the middle of six Germans ... who totally owned me ... but it was nice to see SIX WHOLE GERMANS in the cap. I was shocked and pleased. I'm so used to having free reign of the cap zones in terms of CQB.

We were two minutes from end round and we lost the center, at which point I said, "We have two minutes to get that back." Russians came flooding out, Germans came out to meet them. Tons of artillery. Great climactic ending to the round. We were on the verge of capping when the round ended. We lost, but it was epic.

Enjoyment of this map is entirely dependent on the players. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but when it's good, it's great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, people are definitely starting to realize what matters in the game.

It's funny when you compare the two things, killing (read: camping in the buildings) or objectives. Let's give killing an average of 2 points cos decently often you score kills from cap areas that gives you extra.

You get like 16 points in the very start of the round if you just run to the first cap area (east or west park, depending on side), to achieve that by killing, you need to kill like 8 guys which takes way longer.

Even if you are in the cap zone when you lose it, you get points for defending it. If you take it, you get like another 14-16 :D (The baseline is 10 points and I believe one extra point per people capping).

Hell, you'll easily outscore those building campers even if you did nothing but AFK in the central parks capzone but still so that you are in safety (proning behind one of those walls near your side does the trick).

Upvote 0
I dont get it, maybe because I can camp productively. I kill the enemy that threaten my teammates when they push, I keep an objective clear and move up when my team does. Sometimes I get lazy and just camp the once spot covering central and kill the enemy as they run to their positions, and so far I have only died from a tank shooting me, being caught out in the artillery rain (cloudy with a chance of explosions), and falling down when running to resupply my ammunition.

In my opinion, FF works better with 64 because as a Rifleman, there is no way I can defend an objective from cover from 6 people moving at once, with co0ordination and purpose. For a pub, its herpderp grabass halfhearted attempts, and they get a bit gunshy far too quickly.

The question should be asked, do you want a game based and balanced for a tight knit well rounded communicative squad/platoon that utilises all tools and communicates well, or do you want a game based and balanced around pub play?

Personal preference, I prefer Fallen over Apartments, which is just a clusterfunk waiting to happen. Get some tanks in Fallen, snipers and countersnipers hunting them, MG's laying down suppression and it can make for a fun map. I guess its nicer being on my end of the rifle than the other, so hop in a tank, call in recon and artillery.

Upvote 0
Not responding to you, Zoring. Just in general. :)

Fallen is all about coordination and proper force distribution. Ideally, you've got:

1. The bulk of your force in the cap zones, defending and/or attacking them. This, after all, is where the match is won or lost ... not to mention netting the highest overall individual scores.

2. Small contingents flanking around to disrupt the enemy spawn, hoping to eliminate support units and cut off avenues of reinforcement. These guys are sacrificing overall score to help the team.

3. A dedicated (small) group in your own spawn, MGs and snipers supporting the advance obviously, but also a group of rifles/SMGs protecting the spawn from the enemy attempts to disrupt or lock it down (the assholes from #2). Given the current scoring system, this group also sacrifices personal score in the name of teamwork (kill count is a very small portion of an individual's overall score, after all).

More often than not you see a disproportionate number of people committing to #3, leaving a relatively small number of players attempting to cap. The result? 3 players headhunting from windows to every 1 brave soul struggling to complete the objective. This in turn creates a perpetual downward spiral wherein no one attempts to cap because it's a goddamn death sentence. That, and people tend to get hung up on kill count, despite there being no K/D ratio to maintain in RO. Eventually the mid field is empty and everyone is shooting from windows.

Upvote 0
You people are weird! What is wrong with people firing from windows at each other?

The part that is wrong with it is that too many do that and theres not enough people to actually go for the objectives.

As someone mentioned, it can be done productively too, but thats mainly the job for sniper and machine gunners. I know a rifleman there can be very useful too, but the problem ends up that everyone wants to be useful up there.

I've had my share of really good riflemen in the building that have done more than the 4 machinegunners combined in the team, but generally speaking if you arnt MG or sniper, you should be going for the objectives.

So in short, nothing baseline wrong with firing from the building, but the problem comes where everyone wants to take the easy way out and theres no one left to actually push the objective that is the sole purpose of the map.

Upvote 0
Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

2. It causes extreme SL camping while a ton of people keep spawning on him.

3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

1. You cannot spawn "on the front," or near any enemies at all for that matter. The SL has to be somewhere safe and out of the way. It is not unreasonable to see this as reinforcing to a forward control point of some sorts that the SL is setting up, if that eases your mind about "killing" RO gameplay (which I assume meant "realism")

2. I am frequently SL, and so far, when people actually DO spawn on me, it is few and far between anyways. I doubt anyone who takes SL as their class will just sit and camp.

3. trolololololololol

Upvote 0