• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To those that Hate fallen heroes.

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Well, I agreed with you (past tense) It was horrible, everyone just sat in windows, killing anyone that dared to go into the center. I hated it.

Then my friend installed the game, and my brother was online as well. I sent them a quick steam "Hey, I'm going to be squad leader, spawn on me and lets go into enemy territory okay?"

They agreed and we went for it. Spawning in spawn 2 as russians, we advanced to the right side of the map, and crept up along the right buildings. I stayed behind sandbags/cover and kept throwing Smoke grenades when available. Well the rest of the squad did their own thing, my friend/bro and I kept shooting anyone that came out of the buildings, and effectively cut the supply of enemy soldiers.

Without the use of their windows (as you can't shoot something so close to the buildings) we were home free and had the upper hand, we even had all the snipers and MGs helping us. Whenever my friends died they would spawn right on me, and we'd continue our push. The enemies started to get wise and aim specifically at me. My friends would shoot them and get bonus points for "defending squad leader +1" or some such.

TL;DR
Fallen heroes is awesome if you actually use the squad leader mechanic to mobile spawn. Team work makes this map great. TWI has made an awesome game.

Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

2. It causes extreme SL camping while a ton of people keep spawning on him.

3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

Upvote 0
when you cant piece together a winning argument attack someones grammar, always a solid plan. well played, sir.

and yeah right after I finally started playing squadlead that map ceased to suck, well placed smokes make all the difference.

I already made my argument and it crushes all the little COD kiddies, including you.

Upvote 0
Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

2. It causes extreme SL camping while a ton of people keep spawning on him.

3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

1) What gameplay is this? This is Red orchestra 2 didn't you know? Spawning in this game represents reinforcements exactly! Wait so you are saying you can't reinforce a squad? Dang it why didn't you tell the army that in WW2? The spawn system with SL is great, they normally spawn out of sight (very few times did I actually see someone spawn) and they are normally coming out of buildings or corners. I feel like your men are regrouping rather than just popping out of no where like you feel.

It encourages taking ground because the SL is there for you to repawn at, so I kept telling my friend and brother to push and take ground because I was there to recall them 20 seconds later. Trust me when they died and I was under fire, I was terrorfied, I faught for my life and many times I lost my life and needed to move the whole operation back to the front line, and they often knew I was coming. After I died I'd normally have to work 2 mins to get back to enemy lines.

2) No SL camping I've seen, most don't even seem aware you can SL spawn. The SL needs to keep advancing or his ability is wasted. Camping ruins gameplay, people sit around trying to get a nice score, but when I'm doing my SL tactics, I'm capturing points easily, and progressing the game.

3) Keeping it classy I see! It is kind of sad that you assume to know RO better than the Devs. They included it because it makes the game flow better. Spawning people at the far end of the map is tedious and annoying. Moving the spawn as Capture points are gained is NO different than spawning on a squad leader. Just instead of capturing points, you are clearing and securing ground.

Remember you can't spawn on the SL if he is taking fire. So suppress that bastard!

I think you meant the word YOU'RE. Go back to kindergarten.

Still winning I see.

Upvote 0
Piss off, we don't like trolls here.

Go back to 4chan.

I second this.

Now as for the squads, the problem is that as of now the squad system is unintuitive. Even being aware of it, I look at the squad screen and can't figure out whats going on..whos in what squad, how to join one or if im automatically put in one, etc. Needs some work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0