• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To those that Hate fallen heroes.

Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

2. It causes extreme SL camping while a ton of people keep spawning on him.

3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

Those are actually very valid points and reason enough for this not to be included on realistic modes.

But, FWIW I also enjoy Fallen Fighters as well. It's a great map when the team is trying to work together.

Upvote 0
I think the map is pretty much Stalingrad in a bottle. It's a constant drain on men, and you need LOT of teamwork between tanks and squads to make any real push. I think right now it shows how both sides where not prepared for this kind of battle, just like us XD!

I think the only problem is the fact that capturing seems to be outweighed by killing... I think once enough friends realize they can all join a SQUAD and use that squad leader to keep everyone near each other, this map will show the most tactics.

Upvote 0
Here some reasons:

1. It kills RO gameplay. Spawning in this game is supposed to represent reinforcements, this is negated when you can spawn in the front on your SL. It causes the other team to NOT make ground like they normally would.

I have to agree with the points 1 and 2; off the record I support point 3.

I believe the game design choices were made because TWI believes BF/COD kids need instant action. If it requires 20 seconds of running to an objective, then that is an eternity to the aforementioned demographics.

However, as long as we have access to the UDK, then the realism seeking gamer will have an alternative choice.

Upvote 0
There are tanks on this map and it isnt there just for fighting the enemy tank tbh with you. It is a Combined Arms map for a reason and good infantry + tank teamplay makes all the difference, trust me.

The tank is just as useless; both in its purpose and motivation for destroying it.

It usually just sits at the enemy spawn firing off shells in your general direction. THere is not much room to manuever it around the map so i cant really blame the driver; i mean the map is a circle practically...

As an anti-tank soldier, there is no hope in getting close enough to destroy it. Even if you do get close enough you will just end up uselessly pinging rounds off the tank with that stupid AT gun.

On the off chance that you do get to destroy it, well your work was all in vain because 15sec later another one is gonna come rolling out...

Upvote 0
It's a great looking atmospheric map but relies too heavily on teamwork, which doesn't exist on public servers. There should have been more cover in the middle to allow those few poor people trying to advance in the middle to have a chance.

BTW: Out of 20 times I've played it till the end, Allies won like %80 of the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fallen heroes is awesome if you actually use the squad leader mechanic to mobile spawn. Team work makes this map great. TWI has made an awesome game.
Lost me right from the getgo....so what's a "Fallen heroes"? :p

Yeah, Fallen Fighters is a great map. And in addition to good assault tactics & coordination, having good-counter sniping is important too.

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
I'd like to see more cover in the middle to make it more 'pub friendly'. This map just screams 'I require massive amounts of teamwork to work'. Even if you prone all the way there the odds of getting sniped are ridiculously high. Even with smoke deployed most people don't bother moving in there. It tends be a game of camping in the spawn and both sides killing those few souls who try to exit the spawn.

That being said, the logic behind capturing an open square flanked by buildings swarming with snipers is debatable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best tactic to win the map if one team decides to camp their spawn thinking they will pick off people who goes into the objectives (4chan style):

- Park the tank on the Central Square
- Aim towards their buildings
- Switch to tank MG
- ???????
- Profit.

hehe when I read that it reminded me of what me and my mates done to a enemy russki tank, it was outside the Russian spawn machine gunning our base what they hadn't noticed was to their right was 3 germans in a house watching it, I was one of the germans I ran towards the tank screaming random words, I threw my first AT grenade at it and missed it never thought to use its machine gun on me :p, I then ran at it again screaming once more and blew the tank up with the 2nd AT grenade :cool: that was a good day.

Upvote 0
Here some reasons:

Spawn leaders are not giant invincible leviathons who cannot be killed. You can easily hunt them down and kill them, provided you work with your team. Also about 4 people can spawn on the squad leader, considering you can only spawn on your own squad leader.

Upvote 0
I too didnt really like Fallen heroes but then playing it TE and using exactly the same tactics you mentioned I actually really like it, going down the flanks, utilising smoke etc mean this is really great and even if you are not in the capture zones (as long of some of your team are) it can be easier to kill enemies who are in there and so help the team out in that way.

Also done some sniping from the HQ covering soldiers who are in the centre which agasin is really nice.

Upvote 0
Here some reasons:

You realize Darkest Hour has mobile spawning right? It works fine there.

Upvote 0
I have had FallenFighters degenerate into both heavily entrenched gun battles from across the way and awesome assaults/defences up the middle and flanks. Sometimes it goes one way or the other. I think it's the best map in any game i have ever played and a perfect representation of RO and WW2 personally :)

I don't see what's wrong with hunkered down firing from the buildings, it's an incredibly realistic short-ranged firefight engagement in an Urban environment exactly what everyone should want who wants RO :)

Upvote 0