• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To those that Hate fallen heroes.

Well ,i had a nice exp as comm :) it was my first time playing him, i never took the role of Art before , and hell it was fun. Beside ofc all those ppl who say: ok i wont run into the fire go ahead , call an airstirke.
30 sec later .. picking thier parts from you'r uniform...

The force spawn is also a very good tool , in the right hands.

And i love how u can spawn on the SL , when im taking this role i almost always make sure to be in a safe location so team mates can spawn.

Upvote 0
Respond to my reply by restating your first point, which I already debunked?

How intelligent.

Apartments is too small for artillery. FallenHeroes is perfect, as an arty or mortar strike in that huge, open center is just the thing to stop an enemy advance or take out their tank support.

I've used it quite effectively many times, as have many of my team mates. ****, I've been CAUGHT in an effective artillery barrage quite a few times.

Upvote 0
Respond to my reply by restating your first point, which I already debunked?

How intelligent.

Apartments is too small for artillery. FallenHeroes is perfect, as an arty or mortar strike in that huge, open center is just the thing to stop an enemy advance or take out their tank support.

I've used it quite effectively many times, as have many of my team mates. ****, I've been CAUGHT in an effective artillery barrage quite a few times.

You have yet to refute my points yourself. I'm waiting.

Upvote 0
You have yet to refute my points yourself. I'm waiting.

I just did, like 4 times.

Artillery functions quite well in FallenFighters. A big open space where a commander can wrack up lots of kills, disable enemy vehicles, and stop their advances with well-placed artillery barrages. It works perfectly.

Of course, your head is lodged so far up a certain orifice that you won't entertain the idea you might be wrong about something...

Upvote 0
The maps are too small so far for effective artillery.

If a map was the size of a 200 foot by 200 foot square, Artillery would be MORE effective, as one hit in that area would destroy all.

It isn't map size, it is layout. Apartments has a lot of indoor action and cover above; Fallen Fighters everyone is piling around on the outside edges of the map - again, by buildings. They absolutely devastate the area that they can come down on though.

Upvote 0
One person gets behind your lines.

Suddenly, 10 people (if I'm counting squad members correctly) are behind your lines.

Is that really good gameplay, or even just good design?

Well its unlikely 10 people will spawn at once, spawning is not player controlled (even 20 seconds) so one guy just can't sneak behind lines and birth out 10 squaddies at a whim.

That said it may be worth modifying the spawning so you can only birth out squadies within a certain range of an enemy objective. Once you sustain too many losses, you need to pull back a certain range to birth out new guys and regroup. That is probably a more "historical" way of doing things, simulating falling back, regrouping and pushing again.

Upvote 0
Cool story, wish my teammates worked together like that. It really does seem many don't know how to use a SL. I like the spawn idea and no I don't play COD or anything like that.

As for the comments in this thread.. just.. I don't even know what to say. I feel like I'm back in the World of Warcraft community :(

Upvote 0
Just had 2 sooo bad rounds :/ What was up with my team?? 20% was AFK, 70% was just sitting back and getting kills. And yes, maybe 10% was trying to get in the capzones but didn't got it... I felt like I was the only russian who was in the middle of the map and was trying to get the zones capped.. but I can't do that alone :( They didn't even wrote something in the teamchat...
Made me ragequit.. :p

But okay, most times I have a good team on that map :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One person gets behind your lines.

Suddenly, 10 people (if I'm counting squad members correctly) are behind your lines.

Is that really good gameplay, or even just good design?

This was the one valid point that could be brought against it, but Ramm crushed my complaint a couple of months ago when I asked it.

A couple of reasons why said situation doesn't work is a 10 man squad is quite noticeable, as is the squad leader. Simply shoot him and it is over. If you let an entire squad take hold of a building behind enemy lines then it wasn't much of "frontline" you had there.

Also you can't spawn inside cap zones.

Upvote 0
3. It's included for COD and BF retards that can't grasp the concept of RO.

You don't actually have squads in CoD, you can't spawn on a specific person in CoD, and you can't choose where to spawn in CoD. Your argument is flawed. In BF you can do that, but that's how bf has always been. I think you're just an idiot trying to find something to hate about everything.

Upvote 0
its just stupid to play this map with more than a handful in each team, as 3 people camping can literally lock the whole map down...

anyways, whenever i play, i go german with m40, go right as they cant defend there, invade their base, rinse and repeate.

getting objectives is just silly, too easy to get picked off, and the objectives per se make no sense... why would you want to capture random open ground wtf?

Upvote 0