• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To the old KF players. Some questions :F

Man the graphics for the mod are terrible. :x Way better in the new screens.

Who gives a **** about the graphics of the mod. ****ing hell will u all stop being so ****ing picky about graphics. The graphics are fine in the mod and actuly prity good. It takes the UT2004 engine to its peek. How about u just play the mod and stop complaining :mad:

Upvote 0
I would have to say when it was first announce it was zombies. I don't know I was really into zombies around that time. When 1.0 was released I would have to say what made it great was the gritty look and the atmosphere. It was amazing for UT2004, the game always kept you on your toes trying to stay alive and defend your teammates. That's probably the main reason. It was the first game I have played that really needed team work and not just wild running around and shooting like everything else did. Keeping the looks is a good thing but for me mostly is keeping the team work is priority number 1. If you can run around alone and not help anyone then I would get bored but trying to help others is great experience for me.

Upvote 0
Man the graphics for the mod are terrible. :x Way better in the new screens.

I thought the graphics were awesome. In just about every corner there was something unique or something that the artist took detail with. The new screenies just seem to boast this in Certainly with all the content provided with the mod you could make some kick *** looking maps.

Upvote 0
I think Frag Ops graphics where pretty good for ut2004 standards.

Anyways, I'm sorry but KF mods graphics are bad. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBL2l3KgWw
This is much better. "Out of Hell". The NEW KF graphics look great except for lack of neat shaders like bump mapping, watery blood, etc.

Ut2004 troopers i think had better graphics than KF mod.. RO's I think where slightly better, except some KF maps are quite nice. Frankly I think KF had some of the worst graphics of the total conversions. Of course, it's a different story now. They're better than RO ostfront's now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It depends on ones tastes, the key in my opinion partially for the killing floor mod is the amount of quality gameplay custom maps. But as with all custom maps they wont always look that good.

I think when looking at lightning and general effects killingfloor is one of the best looking for ut2004 mods. If anything goes against it i would say that on quite some maps the textures are of quite a low resolution but still are rather well made.

I think its a moot point discussing what mod looks better anyway, let people have their opinions and just all just wait for the final product.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who cares about graphics anyway?
My PC can run Crysis on max settings and I (as in "this is just my personal opinion") find the gameplay incredibly dull and boring.

KF looks good IMO. I might not have the latest shaders but it does seem to have a lot of atmosphere and detail. Plus the Silent Hill-ish look is always appreciated!

Gameplay is all that matters, that's why they call the games after all.

Upvote 0
Old Killing Floor

Old Killing Floor

Hi,

When I started playing killing floor I found it very addicting and I loved the way it could be funny as well as scary. Some of the funniest things are
Getting blown up by your own grenade
Shooting a LAW into the back of someone's head and killing yourself

I also loved the way on wave 7 when the Flesh Pounds came it was a real fight to get through the wave and I loved using the LAW more than anything.

It is also very interesting seeing what happens to people who don't work as a team.

Once I'd got a tiny bit bored the Killing Floor I got interested in making my own maps and had a lot of fun making my own ideas a reality.

Then when mapping became boring I got interested in making servers. Lot's of you might think it's easy but it is the complete opposite. Things like Port Forwards, UCC-BIN commands, mutator setup, Ini setup, console commands, trying to figure out what the hell has gone wrong.

Then when I managed to get the hang of the world of servers, I went back and played Killing Floor and got addicted to it once more.

So my point is you can never really get bored of Killing Floor
It's a brilliant game

::killer::

Upvote 0
Gameplay is the most important, but graphics help a lot with immersion.

Like in the KF mod it's pretty lame how the specimens just move right at you, then stand at you staring blankly as they attack occasionally. It really breaks the immersion.

KF retail's graphics look good enough. Hopefully it has nice animations RO sure had great animations for first person. If it had bump mapping it'd be great :p

Upvote 0