• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To save dissappointment & ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S A BETA! Common, it doesn't have to be perfect... we just want to play the game. I think them postponing the beta release is a load of crap and I'm going to get a refund for the DDE if I don't get at least 2 weeks of beta time. I'm not going to pay extra 15 bucks for like a weeks worth of beta and some dumb unlocks.

Cool, so when there is no release for it in the next couple of days we can expect you to cancel your pre-order of the DDE, leave some nasty posts about how you hate everyone at TWI because they forced you to quit before the beta that everyone else is enjoying.:p

Upvote 0
IT'S A BETA! Common, it doesn't have to be perfect... we just want to play the game. I think them postponing the beta release is a load of crap and I'm going to get a refund for the DDE if I don't get at least 2 weeks of beta time. I'm not going to pay extra 15 bucks for like a weeks worth of beta and some dumb unlocks.

Oy vey, and it begins anew.

If you would look at posts relevant to the beta and general postponement of the game, you would know that the glitches and bugs responsible for the delays are not simply minor obstacles that Tripwire is dwelling on because they want the game perfect. One bug has been mentioned in particular involving the inability of players to move after spawning.
That's a rather severe glitch. And one that's guaranteed to not only irritate the already demanding and self-entitled "I want beta NAO!" crowd, but also the kind of glitch that throws a spoke into the whole purpose of this beta - to test the performance of servers and so on under the post-release gameplay conditions of numerous players entirely filling up huge servers. Tripwire cannot afford a bug that inhibits gameplay that badly in a beta release oriented towards testing performance with a large audience.

As I've said in similar circumstances before, I want the beta as much as anyone else and I've been anticipating this game for years, too, but I can afford to wait a couple of days if they need to sort out programming issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
Cool, so when there is no release for it in the next couple of days we can expect you to cancel your pre-order of the DDE, leave some nasty posts about how you hate everyone at TWI because they forced you to quit before the beta that everyone else is enjoying.:p

Just cancel my DDE preorder... then buy the regular one. Don't hate tripwire... just don't like paying more for something i'm not interested in.

Upvote 0
do you think it's fair to say that any client side bugs encountered while playing the beta will be in the final retail version? how could they possibly have time to implement any fixes from newly found bugs in the final phase of beta?.

Umm, by coding the bugs out. I doubt the Gold version will be finalized before a little bit of beta testing, at least. At the very worst, they'll have a head start on a patch.

Upvote 0
First I've seen

Regarding people asking client related questions or making client related comment, this thread is information for people hosting servers, so I'm going to do some cleanup on this thread.

I told myself maybe we weren't supposed to see this, let alone "speculate" (even though the planned date is clear), and they could delay in the last minute. And Ramm seems under a lot of pressure.

But then

Sorry for the housecleaning/thread deleting in this thread. But lots of actual server admins will be looking at this thread in the coming days/weeks for information. I really don't want them to have to wade through 15 pages of "woot it's coming" posts. If you aren't a server admin, you don't need to post in this thread :)

So more likely we'll get the "stuff" tomorrow.
We really should get off their back until then. (And after too)

Upvote 0
I sure hope so. I can't take another day of Black Ops, with all the spawn campers, corner campers, smg-assault rifle "snipers" ... on hard core "crouch" servers, yet! You either camp with 'em or be their slow moving practice target. :(

LOL, I just noticed but I haven't even been posting and it seems certain people are still trashing my rep. Too funny!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.