• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To punch

Who spoke of killing? Disarming and entering into a brawl, grapple, anything. It's stupid that someone's got a gun in my face and yet I can't even try to grab hold of it and do something to turn the tables, so to say.

Well, here's hoping that RO2 will have addressed the problem.

Upvote 0
Who spoke of killing? Disarming and entering into a brawl, grapple, anything. It's stupid that someone's got a gun in my face and yet I can't even try to grab hold of it and do something to turn the tables, so to say.

Well, here's hoping that RO2 will have addressed the problem.

How bout throwing rocks at enemies once you run out of ammo?

Upvote 0
A good grappling system would be great, but its not going to happen with modern technology.

Real unarmed fights are much to complex and fluid to model with a mouse and keyboard.

Trying to grab a weapon off someone, or knock them to the ground, smash their head into the floor, choke them, whatever, would require too many different buttons, and could not be realistically modelled.

Grappling relies primarily on strength and manipulating the other persons body. The only way "strength contests" work in games, is button mashing, which is terrible, and theres no way to operate 2 arms and 2 legs with 1 mouse and one keyboard in any decent way.

When we have full immersion video games, then it would be great, but as such it would be too "gamey" just to have a punch or grapple button.

At best they could have it so sprinting into another soldier knocked him over/knocked the weapon out of their hands, but even still it wouldn't be great.

Otherwise spade/knife is the only realistic option for okay melee combat.

Upvote 0
I would not mind a punching system. The power would work the same way as a but smack or bayo attack. the longer you hold the button the more powerful. A punch should'nt be able to kill someone but maybe disorient them or knock them down so you can at least run away.

I think a more feesible solution would be to have a combat knife or something to pull when your weapons are gone. or if your bayo wasnt on your weapon when it was dropped you could pull it out to use.

Upvote 0