To punch

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

esp.chory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 30, 2006
Villamuriel de Cerrato/Espa
At times during the fight, you can drop the weapon in his hands.
Then there are only two solutions, running or stopped to pick up the gun.
In both the other, the soldier is totally unprotected.
Why not consider the possibility of two fists?​

I. Kant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
Who spoke of killing? Disarming and entering into a brawl, grapple, anything. It's stupid that someone's got a gun in my face and yet I can't even try to grab hold of it and do something to turn the tables, so to say.

Well, here's hoping that RO2 will have addressed the problem.

Klaus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
Who spoke of killing? Disarming and entering into a brawl, grapple, anything. It's stupid that someone's got a gun in my face and yet I can't even try to grab hold of it and do something to turn the tables, so to say.

Well, here's hoping that RO2 will have addressed the problem.

How bout throwing rocks at enemies once you run out of ammo?

ash2life

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 13, 2006
what with the small trench shovel that most soldiers carry. its a deadly weapon if used in youre last effort to survive and for sure cuts and smashes ugly wounds.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
How bout throwing rocks at enemies once you run out of ammo?

Or Names, sticks or stones will break my bones...
Sorry couldn't resist.

The truth is that I personally love delivering a good butt-smack.
So a good thumping/fisticuffs would be more than natural.
Game3 maybe.
The request is not that unreasonable.

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
it has quite a lot of a "lol-value" ^^

anyway, I think including good fistfights is quite hard and also very useless, because you really couldn't kill the enemy. just pick up your gun again and shoot him down.

I see the next thread showing up called "Why cant we use rifles with attached bayos as spears?" :D:D:D

barakas

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
A good grappling system would be great, but its not going to happen with modern technology.

Real unarmed fights are much to complex and fluid to model with a mouse and keyboard.

Trying to grab a weapon off someone, or knock them to the ground, smash their head into the floor, choke them, whatever, would require too many different buttons, and could not be realistically modelled.

Grappling relies primarily on strength and manipulating the other persons body. The only way "strength contests" work in games, is button mashing, which is terrible, and theres no way to operate 2 arms and 2 legs with 1 mouse and one keyboard in any decent way.

When we have full immersion video games, then it would be great, but as such it would be too "gamey" just to have a punch or grapple button.

At best they could have it so sprinting into another soldier knocked him over/knocked the weapon out of their hands, but even still it wouldn't be great.

Otherwise spade/knife is the only realistic option for okay melee combat.

Fuhrer Cool

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2008
USA
Well let's not go crazy, or you will see alot of people doing it for the leet factor, like this:

EDIT: Crap hang on I drew a picture about it in paint and I gotta figure out ho to put it up here.

Last edited:

Quelpz

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
I'm all for having some sort of "disarmed" weapon, not so much for the ability to fight unarmed, but because pistols/grenades magically popping in someone's hands because you knocked out their weapon is far sillier and really annoying.

MR.TEA{US}(FKARainInFace)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 10, 2009
I would not mind a punching system. The power would work the same way as a but smack or bayo attack. the longer you hold the button the more powerful. A punch should'nt be able to kill someone but maybe disorient them or knock them down so you can at least run away.

I think a more feesible solution would be to have a combat knife or something to pull when your weapons are gone. or if your bayo wasnt on your weapon when it was dropped you could pull it out to use.