• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To decrease load times, turn off precaching and change game cache size

hmm seeing weird side effect of pre-cahing turned off, at start of map it frezzes momenterily when going to new areas ect but stops after a lil while, only expected i suppose

Yeah, but for me, it's a 1 or 2 second freeze after a 10 second load time instead of a 50-second load time and no freeze. I can actually play during the first wave after a map change now!

Upvote 0
Cant seem to get through all the steps, i can get to the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System Folder, but once there i cant find the "Engine.GameEngine" file theres only 4 "Engine" files

there types are DET, DLL,INT,U files, i checked in the Engine INT file, but i cant find anything on Cache sizes and the like.

Also i cant turn off the pre-caching because i cant find the "ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem" file there is only 3 files called ALAudio and there type is DLL, DET AND INT

I also checked the INT file for anything about pre-caching but there is nothing of the sought.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
that not right it is in the red orchestra ini file it has a cog but no . something and the type is configure settings all of the the stuff is in there all though the way it is posted here is not in the exact order that it is in in this file

You were right man, i was in some wrong files, not to worry though i found them all and changed them, writing in the changes when you open it up in notepad and saving does change them right?.

anyway thanks

Upvote 0
just wondering how up to date this sticky is, coz I went to edit my Change the cache size to better match my ram size Listed under Engine.GameEngine], the edit says "EDIT BY Zetsumei: NEVER make CacheSizeMegs bigger than 256mb unless you like crashes" but my file already says "CacheSizeMegs=512" and I've never had any crashes?? I think I toyed with it ages ago, but I may have reformatted since then, so I'm not sure if i changed this, or its default?

Upvote 0
just wondering how up to date this sticky is, coz I went to edit my Change the cache size to better match my ram size Listed under Engine.GameEngine], the edit says "EDIT BY Zetsumei: NEVER make CacheSizeMegs bigger than 256mb unless you like crashes" but my file already says "CacheSizeMegs=512" and I've never had any crashes?? I think I toyed with it ages ago, but I may have reformatted since then, so I'm not sure if i changed this, or its default?

It doesnt have to create crashes, but on some of the big tank maps especially loads of people were getting "create texture failed" crashes.
And reducing the cachesizemegs fixed that, i've not seen a person that had issues with 256 thats why i set that as a limit.

So feel free to try out higher settings but at your own risk.

Upvote 0
Thanks i just did it, ill test to see if it works better now

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Upvote 0