• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To decrease load times, turn off precaching and change game cache size

Fix2: Turn of PreCaching
Also in your redorchestra.ini under [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
Change UsePrecache=True to UsePrecache=False
and under [Engine.LevelInfo]
Change bNeverPrecache=false to bNeverPrecache=true
and under [Engine.NullRenderDevice]
Change UsePrecaching=True to UsePrecaching=False
and under [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
and under [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
and under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
and under [PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice]

I did this yesterday, and it worked great. however, when I started the game today the load times were as bad as before, and then I realized that all of my changes were reset. does that mean i have to do this every time? or did I mess something up? because I know i saved it (it would have worked the first time otherwise).

Upvote 0
I have had some serious problems after july. I reinstalled my windows XP and with that I also lost the install of RO. My load times were very fast, like 20-30secs, and I was most of the time one of the first arriving to the server. Now my load times are 2 minutes, 15 seconds to Danzig, and I just can't play like this, even though I use bolts(so no harm done by that way). Been playing this game since may 2006, and had these load times back then, but some tweaks(including this one) helped me to get better load times, and now I wonder, can anyone remember any of those tweaks, or are they already implemented into these new versions by patches.

Summary:
Loadtimes went from 30 sec --> 140 sec
Need help to get them back so I can play this again.
This tweak already tested, didn't help as much as I wanted.

And NO, bying new parts and computer isn't really a solution, since I my computer hasn't changed at all, befor and after the reinstall.

Don't really know where to post this to get many answers, but If you could point me to right direction, that would be nice.

And like always, sry for bad English.

Upvote 0
[Engine.NullRenderDevice]
doesnt exist in my redorchstra.ini.
should i change all the others anyway, or would that screw up my game completely?

You only need to add it if you use that render device instead of opengl or direct3d. And with Ro crashing with the nullrenderdevice (software emulation) you don't need to add that ;)

Upvote 0
I am trying to run RO on a low end machine. I cannot locate the redorchestra.ini file in the system folder what am I missing here? I thought it would be in plain view in that folder, but I see nothing. Here is a screenshot if it might help of what I am looking at trying to find the file:

roworkplease.jpg

Upvote 0
I did the first thing with the cache size, I have 512 mb of ram left on my computer. Now for the game cache size thing? Which do I put in?

Fix2: Turn of PreCaching
Also in your redorchestra.ini under [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
Change UsePrecache=True to UsePrecache=False
and under [Engine.LevelInfo]
Change bNeverPrecache=false to bNeverPrecache=true
and under [Engine.NullRenderDevice]
and under [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
and under [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
and under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]