• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To all who have worked...

SnotRocket

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Georgia
at a best buy, gamestop, or guitar center, I have questions for you!

I HATE my current job with a passion (grocery store cashier) because it is so boring. I hate having such a repetitive, mindless job. I also hated my past jobs, (Quizno's and distribution warehouse), but not nearly as much as this one. However, I need money to pay the insurance, dates with girlfriend, and personal expenditures. I'm not looking for a career, just a part-time job to help me make it through college on more than Ramen noodles.

I am looking at being employed as a hardware installation / spyware and virus removal team at best buy, or any position at the other places. The questions I hope to have answered are:

What is the average pay rate of a new employee?

If it is low (below 7.50 per hour) how fast can a raise be obtained?

Are the schedules decent? (I want to have Sundays off and a Saturday here and there... my current job allows neither of those. I even had to work New Year's Eve AND New Year's Day.

Will they work with students and changing schedules, and allow part-time hours? (I really can't handle my current 32-34 hours of work per week).

Thanks for your help, I know I'd love these places because it would involve work with my interests.