• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Title screen hangs - Game Pass version

spoonymushroom

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 26, 2021
My issue:
On the title screen, after hitting Enter (or A on the gamepad), the game would freeze. The music keeps playing. I can alt-tab out of the game window, but cannot get back to it. I would have to resort to killing the game through the Task Manager.

After killing the game, I am presented with a dialog where I am supposed to select between the latest local save data or the latest cloud save data, indicating the cloud save is out of sync. Selecting either option and running Maneater again does not fix the issue.

As a workaround, I can disconnect from the internet, and I am able to get past the title screen and play without issues. I have also tried reconnecting to the internet while running the game in an attempt to get the cloud save to re-sync, but this does not fix it.

Possible cause:
When I hit Enter on the title screen, the game tries to load the cloud save and detects that it's out of sync. Instead of presenting me with the dialog to choose between local and cloud saves, the dialog never appears, with the game forever waiting for the dialog to close. This dialog becomes visible when I force-quit the game, but by then the dialog is useless.

Other info:
Game version: Xbox Game Pass for PC
Intel i5 8400
Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti

Reactions: LautyHobo
Hey guys I think I solved this actually, Run as administrator right click and select that option. If it doesn't pop up you can find it in preferences. Once I did that the reason why it was freezing was apparent, it was trying to show my a text window on whether or not Id like to load from cloud or local storage but without running as admin it didn't have the permissions to push the text box on top of the game UI. Hope this helps <3

Upvote 0