• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tired of hearing about Gunslinger?

Tired of hearing about Gunslinger?

• I want gunslinger and I want more discussion

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I want gunslinger but this is out of hand.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I do not want gunslinger, but I don't mind the discussion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm fed up and sick of this crap. NO and SHOOSH!

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pretty good feeling this is just going to turn into one giant flamefest... -.-

Seconded, but I still beleive if the GS was limited to only one thread, the haters can just leave it alone, stay outta the thread and be done with it.

I guess the GS supporters are going to start some sort of forum Jihad against the anti-GS "infidels".

Upvote 0
Seconded, but I still beleive if the GS was limited to only one thread, the haters can just leave it alone, stay outta the thread and be done with it.

I guess the GS supporters are going to start some sort of forum Jihad against the anti-GS "infidels".
Yeah. I have a feeling i'm going to get killed in my sleep because i don't support gunslinger.

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
I couldn't care less about Gunslinger either way, but the fact that the majority voted for the perk's implementation means nothing. That's the majority of the users who bothered to vote, not the majority of the forum users and certainly not the majority of KF players.

I don't mind the idea of GS, but stop talking about the poll as if it means something.

Upvote 0
An aura of stupidity indeed.

Well that's my honest opinion; it makes a game worse by its inclusion (sort of like the gnomes in Warcraft). Fortunately as it stands dual wielding is actually a disadvantage in-game, as it should be. The original gunslinger thread does have some good weapon ideas in it - ideas that would suit the sharpshooter perk just fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why did you make a whole thread just to tell the world this?
If you don't like it, ignore it. It's not like this would hurt anyone in any way, even if it was implemented.

I find the opposition of this idea to be more obnoxious than its supporters tbh.

agreed.......

who wants to report this thread to get it locked before the flaming gets worse? :rolleyes:

edit: people (like me) are in agreement with 9_6? this is scary.... :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Voted want the gunslinger + want more discussion.

The whole reason alternative threads were created was because, as we all know, the original topic was absolutely huge. Any new ideas or refinements to the suggested perk simply got lost under a sea of different conversations.

Not long ago I posted some suggested stats for the Gunslinger and I had to repost it 3 times before anyone even saw it. There is alot of support for this idea, but its hard to actually nail down the concept because quite simply there is too much to talk about in the one thread alone.

That is why the alternative threads were made. Since the perk is generally supported by the community brphoenix decided seperating the various discussions of the Gunslinger into seperate threads would allow fans of the Gunslinger (and nay sayers alike) to give a more focused discussion on a specific aspect of the Perk.

tbh if it were my idea I would have done exactly the same thing.

Reactions: brphoenix
Upvote 0
I couldn't care less about Gunslinger either way, but the fact that the majority voted for the perk's implementation means nothing. That's the majority of the users who bothered to vote, not the majority of the forum users and certainly not the majority of KF players.

I don't mind the idea of GS, but stop talking about the poll as if it means something.

Exactly. The thing is, just because it has a majority support in the forum community doesn't mean that it would be the same if EVERYONE who played KF were on these forums. For all you know people could be in stark disagreement with gunslinger if EVERYONE were on these forums. And some people didn't even vote because they don't even care.

Half the players in KF probably don't know there is a forum outside of the steam forums, nor care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly. The thing is, just because it has a majority support in the forum community doesn't mean that it would be the same if EVERYONE who played KF were on these forums. For all you know people could be in stark disagreement with gunslinger if EVERYONE were on these forums. And some people didn't even vote because they don't even care.

Half the players in KF probably don't know there is a forum outside of the steam forums, nor care.

Yep. The only way you'd have a hope of accurate results would be for Tripwire to put a link to a poll and information about Gunslinger (its function, the weapons, etc) on the News section of the game upon launching. Clearly not everyone would vote, but it would at least be somewhat more accurate than a forum poll.

Upvote 0
I see only 1 gunslinger thread.
Well, thanks to you, now it's 2.
Got no idea what the big deal is. Enlighten me.

3, I believe it used to be 4 but two were merged.

I wouldn't be a problem if you could make multiple polls but I think it's because brphoenix needed to make a new thread for each Gunslinger poll.

Anyway, I voted for the second option. Yeah I wouldn't mind Gunslinger, but 4 does page 1 really need to be almost half devoted to Gunslinger threads (and their parodies)? There are many good suggestions that are on page 2 right now: MadnessMut, Berserker buff, weapon ideas, brick for melee....

Upvote 0
I have a pretty good feeling this is just going to turn into one giant flamefest... -.-

Seconded.

But in hopes of derailment, coffee vs tea.;)

In any case, a thread created with the sole purpose of whining about another thread is pretty much a flamewar waiting to happen.

However, I must agree with 9_6 that if people want to talk about it, ignore those threads. Most of them are just mergers, so its really just 1 thread.

If people get tired of it, it will fall to the bottom. If not, then let them talk. Its not exactly breaking into your house here. And the gunslinger sig is BrPheonix's.....thats like shouting at nutterbutters for his sig that points to his specimen ideas.

In this case, if you find the discussion spilling over into other threads, tell them to be quiet. But I havent exactly seem it that often.

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
Seconded.

But in hopes of derailment, coffee vs tea.;)

In any case, a thread created with the sole purpose of whining about another thread is pretty much a flamewar waiting to happen.

However, I must agree with 9_6 that if people want to talk about it, ignore those threads. Most of them are just mergers, so its really just 1 thread.

If people get tired of it, it will fall to the bottom. If not, then let them talk. Its not exactly breaking into your house here. And the gunslinger sig is BrPheonix's.....thats like shouting at nutterbutters for his sig that points to his specimen ideas.

In this case, if you find the discussion spilling over into other threads, tell them to be quiet. But I havent exactly seem it that often.
I don't care much for warm drinks. So neither, i don't care much for tea so iced tea isn't all that great either.

But if i did have to choose i'd probably go with the coffee.

Upvote 0
I don't care much for warm drinks. So neither, i don't care much for tea so iced tea isn't all that great either.

But if i did have to choose i'd probably go with the coffee.

Coffee...?

Coffee???

COFFEE??

Are YOU MAD!?!? :mad:

Tea all the way, mate. They can have several dozens of flavours, and you can drink 'em hot or cold. Tea's just awesome.

OT:

Undedd made a perfect analysis of my reasons to create new threads. The original thread is much too big, and it became near impossible to decifer what is a joke and what is serious there, because of all the cross talk there was.

The new threads were meant to alleviate the task for everyone. No one reads 1'200 posts just to form their opinion. No one SHOULD do that. Hence the alternative threads. Meant to complement the original, not replace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.