• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tired of hearing about Gunslinger?

Tired of hearing about Gunslinger?

• I want gunslinger and I want more discussion

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I want gunslinger but this is out of hand.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I do not want gunslinger, but I don't mind the discussion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm fed up and sick of this crap. NO and SHOOSH!

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilin

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
So I'm in the "no thanks" crowd on the whole gunslinger perk but not in the "that's the stupidest idea evar!" crowd.

Nonetheless I'm sick of hearing about it. It's got umpteen bajillion threads, guys running around with "yay gunslinger" signatures and a completely overblown unscientific poll (like this one...hint: it's not a poll of KF players, nor forum users but rather a poll of people interested in the topic....it's about as biased as you can get).

Can we just consider the idea as "submitted, thanks" and move on?

So I'm in the "no thanks" crowd on the whole gunslinger perk but not in the "that's the stupidest idea evar!" crowd.

Nonetheless I'm sick of hearing about it. It's got umpteen bajillion threads, guys running around with "yay gunslinger" signatures and a completely overblown unscientific poll (like this one...hint: it's not a poll of KF players, nor forum users but rather a poll of people interested in the topic....it's about as biased as you can get).

Can we just consider the idea as "submitted, thanks" and move on?

Id rather say No, and Get out

Upvote 0
I find the opposition of this idea to be more obnoxious than its supporters tbh.

This is actually my first post ever about the whole thing. Again, I'm in the "no" crowd but I'm not going to be all butthurt if the idea goes forward. I just get a bit irritated by a vocal minority railroading the ideas and suggestions board.

Don't worry though. I'm sure this thread will turn into a beautiful civil discussion just like every other thread on this topic. The whole gunslinger thing has been 100% healthy for the forum don't you think?

Upvote 0
Why did you make a whole thread just to tell the world this?
If you don't like it, ignore it. It's not like this would hurt anyone in any way, even if it was implemented.

I find the opposition of this idea to be more obnoxious than its supporters tbh.

Pretty much this.

The "I don't want this perk" poll already happened, when the suggestion was new. Likers and dislikers voted alike, and the result was ~65% vs ~35% for the "I want this perk".

Now, while it's true that only the interested ones are voting, they're voting for the perk's characteristics. It is pretty much established that the majority wants the perk.

EDIT: Ninja'd

This is actually my first post ever about the whole thing. Again, I'm in the "no" crowd but I'm not going to be all butthurt if the idea goes forward. I just get a bit irritated by a vocal minority railroading the ideas and suggestions board.

Don't worry though. I'm sure this thread will turn into a beautiful civil discussion just like every other thread on this topic. The whole gunslinger thing has been 100% healthy for the forum don't you think?

There's a vocal minority for yaysayers and nosayers alike. And be glad that you have a (surprisingly vocal) moderator on your "side", one that has already caused more trouble to this suggestion in a few minutes than every other user did in a few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
I just get a bit irritated by a vocal minority railroading the ideas and suggestions board.

I see only 1 gunslinger thread.
Well, thanks to you, now it's 2.
Got no idea what the big deal is. Enlighten me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You might wanna take a closer look.

There are two merged threads on the first page, yes.

Those wouldn't be merged if it weren't for the moderator I spoke of.

I kind of agree, there are a few threads on Gunslinger perk.
Though you can't blame me for trying to get precise and short information regarding the perk, can you? All I want is to know exactly what the majority wants, and help out newcomers and devs (should they consider adding the perk) so they have a better idea of what the perk is and what most of us wants.

Upvote 0
There are two merged threads on the first page, yes.

Those wouldn't be merged if it weren't for the moderator I spoke of.

I kind of agree, there are a few threads on Gunslinger perk.
Though you can't blame me for trying to get precise and short information regarding the perk, can you? All I want is to know exactly what the majority wants, and help out newcomers and devs (should they consider adding the perk) so they have a better idea of what the perk is and what most of us wants.

Not even sure who the mods are here. Yoshi? Anywhoo...

You've got 32 thousand views, and over one thousand replies. I'm not really sure you're interested in what the majority wants so much as wanting the majority to support you. But in any case, again, thousands of replies/views. You're just beating the dead horse into a wet spot now.

Can you not just consider the idea submitted and accept whatever answer TWI goes with? I mean I wish you the best of luck. Any time the world gives an opportunity for one persons happiness at 0 expense to others I'm all good with that.

Upvote 0

You've got 32 thousand views, and over one thousand replies. I'm not really sure you're interested in what the majority wants so much as wanting the majority to support you. But in any case, again, thousands of replies/views. You're just beating the dead horse into a wet spot now.

Can you not just consider the idea submitted and accept whatever answer TWI goes with? I mean I wish you the best of luck. Any time the world gives an opportunity for one persons happiness at 0 expense to others I'm all good with that.
While it is a popular idea, I still fail to see the problem.
It's contained to 1 thread and signatures already so your claims of its supposed cancerous spread that engulf the forums in a malicious way are moot already.
If it's his attempts to make multiple threads that you complain about and how that litters up the forums, I find it quite ironic that you make a whole thread about nothing but this.

Upvote 0

The mod is Zips.

I'm interested in what the majority wants - if I wasn't, I wouldn't have posted two new threads asking them what they wanted for the perk.

This is not "my" perk, it is "our" perk (boy, I can't be more clich

Upvote 0
I am amazed that the threads are still alive. Kind of annoying because there are lots of other great, much more easily implemented ideas that have been pushed off the front page a long time ago.

My answer:
No, handguns are expressly for fighting your way to something bigger. Also, dual wielding out side of a John Woo film causes one to emanate an aura of stupidity.

Upvote 0
Where is the "I want gunslinger and I want the haters to shut up" option?

Nearly 500 people have voted on the Gunslinger, and the majority say "yes" to it being added.

Gunslinger supporters are keeping the discussion open in hopes of TWI adding it.

Most of the naysayers are just being plain obnoxious. If you don't want it, but it gets added, don't play it. Simple. No need to keep on whining about how much you hate it, it's almost childish.

Upvote 0
I am amazed that the threads are still alive. Kind of annoying because there are lots of other great, much more easily implemented ideas that have been pushed off the front page a long time ago.

My answer:
No, handguns are expressly for fighting your way to something bigger. Also, dual wielding out side of a John Woo film causes one to emanate an aura of stupidity.

An aura of stupidity indeed.
I see it's about to get classy and educated from here on.

Upvote 0
Why did you make a whole thread just to tell the world this?
If you don't like it, ignore it. It's not like this would hurt anyone in any way, even if it was implemented.

That's rich coming from you considering your behavior in my threads.

Upvote 0
I find it funny that(at the current time of me posting this) the "i'm sick of this crap" currently has more votes than people who want gunslinger.

Hazzah for people sick and tired of gunslinger!
I voted because I am sick of this topic.

That's rich coming from you considering your behavior in my threads.
Context please.
As for behavior in other peoples threads, look who's talking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.