• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tips & Tactics + Perk info

And this how you know a person has been endlessly grinding. They have a high level perk but have no clue how to use it properly.

And this is how you know a person has no proper understanding of the meaning "lazy mode"

You can play poundamonium all you want.
I rather stand in a corner while watching tv and holding down my mouse button.
And no, that does not mean I don't know anything about how to use the Berserker perk.

Upvote 0
And no, that does not mean I don't know anything about how to use the Berserker perk.
I think what he meant is that the average newbie that does not know how to play Berserker at Hard/Suicidal read this - follow your instructions (place his avatar in the corner watching tv while holding down the mouse button).

This guy (there are many of them) that have been endlessly grinding have no idea how to play a berserker. Being level 5 is not everything. I rather have a good level 0 player than a bad level 5 player any time.

Once they start playing "for real" they will still suck. They simply do not know how to play their perk properly. We, that do know how to play, notice this. We will think something like this: "wtf, this guy is level 5 but he still does not know how to play his perk. Did he cheat his perk on a levling map or did he grind his perk on clots... or what?!"

Upvote 0
what r you talking about?

I'm talking about level 5 idiots that crouch in doorways holding primary fire until something kills them with little effort. I have no problem with people grinding if from it they actually learn to play better.

Monolithos understands. ;)

I rather stand in a corner while watching tv and holding down my mouse button.

In this case, wouldn't you rather just use one of the many hacks that are floating around to instantly give you full level perks? Not that I condone such things, but it sounds like you'd rather not have to spend time levelling at all.

Upvote 0
I just gave some easy to follow "step-by-step" guides that new and old players alike can follow to get their perks to 5 as easy as possible as fast as possible.
But I'm not going to advise a new player to grind suicide poundamonium.
An experienced player can easily decapitate every FP in wave 1 with his knife or pistol and then get a chainsaw or whatever but a new player will get butchered and give up.
The last thing I want to do is make players give up on one of the perks because I advised them a really hard way to level their perk slightly faster.

Yes, my guides might lead to level 5 players who have no clue what they are doing with their class but if anyone uses my guide to grind his perks, I at least expect them to also read the other tips and tactics in my guide and the rest of the forum.
Then, after a couple hours of playing in public games they should have at least a fair understanding of what their class can and cannot do.
If they however choose not to read up on additional info and just do the grind to 5 then the result will be that they get kicked from a lot of servers. Then they'll learn the hard way that they should first play on normal/hard to learn their class before playing on suicidal.

You could also kindly ask them to leave, informing them in a nice manner that they should really go learn to play their perk on normal/hard first.
They might be rather new to the game and just grinded one of the easier perks to 5.
No need to be mean to them all the time.

Upvote 0
Its upto the person. You really can't play Suicidal if you don't have a level 5 perk or you'll never get any cash. But only an idiot would assume that getting a level 5 perk will immediately mean you can actually DO suicidal. Sure the level of a perk is a nice starting point to how good someone is gonna be with it but the lower difficulties alone don't help much.
On Normal the number of foes is small enough that Supporters tend to go around shooting everything with the Shotgun without running out of ammo. Commando's will be going full auto on everything instead of using the semi-auto mode. Etc etc. Try that on Hard/Suicidal you'll have no ammo left in no time.

Personally i'd stick with saying you should avoid power levelling the perk until your at least level 2 or 3 with it. But each to their own. Just aslong as you do learn to play it properly at some point. I was just in a game on Hard with 2 level 5 Berserkers on Manor, seems they were going for the closet-under-the-stairs camping approach, they at least knew what they were doing. I was stood behind em with dual Shotties on my lvl4 SS trying to blast away the Scrakes/Fleshies before they could do any serious damage and was spamming healing when it was needed. The other 2 players on the server... did sod all. 1 decided to level his Firebug from 0... the other just shot stuff randomly with Sharpshooter and neither of them ever bothered to heal the 2 Zerkers up front no matter how much hp they had. Helps if you actually try and work with your team too...

But still, it would be nice if all those inconsiderate ****s who go around shooting Stalkers when theres someone with a Bullpup quite clearly already aiming at it would sod off and die. I'm still not even 2/3 of the way to level 4 Commando, its hard enough as it is without people stealing them for no reason at all.

Upvote 0
Good because you can't easily grind on suicidal when using Poundamonium. :p

not just being it hard but impossible without exploits/cheats especialy with the new random rage addition

(or if i am wrong and it is possible feel free to enlighten me)

EDIT:
@evilsod: yes power levelling a perk before you at least get to around lv3 or 4 with normal play is quite dumb
as for you saying its hard getting stalker kills and that you are barely lv4 commando (which I could hardly call ˝barely˝), you gotta find a different approach

as long as you are not playing suicidal this should do:
-have bullpup ALWAYS on full auto (helps so you can spray stalkers b4 others)
-when beheading a bloat, keep shooting him in the body to rack up damage
-stay close to stalker spawns, on manor its boathouse, westlondon its near the bridge.....

this should generaly help, as long as you are enjoying commando and playing it for long time, its not really hard getting to lv5 and TBH stalkers are the least of the problem

I ve been mostly playing commando last 3 weeks from lv1

I was shooting bloats upon decap all the time, same on FPs, just to be getting more dmg while I wasnt staying near stalker spawns alot I still got the stalker requirement way faster, ended up with 2600/2400 stalkers and 3.5M/3.5M damage

basicaly just stay on the lookout for stalkers and if someone blows them just at your face it most likely means you are too slow

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've just find out a quick way to lv up comando. First, reach lv4~5 sharp shooter, then use sharpshooter with bullpup. Sharpshooter got 100% increase damage per headshot, so your bullpup dam will be double(if head shot, which is quite easy, considering you've just finish 3k5 headshot). Only stalker left to solve.

Upvote 0
I've just find out a quick way to lv up comando. First, reach lv4~5 sharp shooter, then use sharpshooter with bullpup. Sharpshooter got 100% increase damage per headshot, so your bullpup dam will be double(if head shot, which is quite easy, considering you've just finish 3k5 headshot). Only stalker left to solve.

actualy your headshots only do extra 50% damage as sharpshooter

the other 50% dmg increase only works for sharpshooter weps (9mm, cannons, xbow, rifle)

lol you messed that up pretty bad

because with extra dmg you get with headshots as SS, you get the same added damage with commando on any body part

Upvote 0
actualy your headshots only do extra 50% damage as sharpshooter

the other 50% dmg increase only works for sharpshooter weps (9mm, cannons, xbow, rifle)

lol you messed that up pretty bad

because with extra dmg you get with headshots as SS, you get the same added damage with commando on any body part

Maybe he was just implying you can carry on playing as a SharpShooter and whip out your Bullpup whenever you see a Stalker. I personally think while this may work, it might not be very viable to have a dedicated weapon for just a single enemy type.

Upvote 0
Defense spots add to office:

1.) bottom floor. weld the back door and let em funnel in the front. absolute rape, even on suicidal so long as good players with plenty of firepower. if the trader is high upstairs, get there fast, buy your gear as quick as possible and head back down. if you at least get to the second floor, you can jump out of the windows (make sure you land ON THE CARS) and heal each other once you're all back down. saves you time running down the stairs
2.) second/third floor stairwell, look down 2nd floor hallway with big windows on your right. 2 guys on bottom and 2 on top can watch both hallways and funnel them in.

Defense Spot add to West London:

1.) Police station. weld the back door, have them funnel into the front. use the table as cover if needed. with enough firepower you can keep them locked down in the enterance. good spot for firebug is ON TOP of the table flaming over your team mates so you don't take damage.

Upvote 0
After thinking about my last post, I came up with a more broad way of stating the basic tactic that i described on those two specific maps. Here it is:

The best way to beat any map is the tactic i like to refer to as "funneling". This tactic, when used properly and in a good location will lead a team to victory on almost any map:

Funneling - The basic strategy of defending a predetermined location with your team in efforts to funnel in all the specimen in order to:

1.) limit the ammount of specimen that the team will be forced to face at any given moment.

2.) concentrate as much firepower as possble to not only kill more specimen at a quicker rate, but to conserve each individual's ammo.

3.) use constant team based fire in order to keep players guarded allowing them to reload without worrying about getting killed.

4.) shield medics and allow them to do their job of healing those fighting, especially zerkers, in the front of the pack.

Tips:
- find the best location as possible to maximize the effect of the tactic.
- always use a variety of roles to maximize the effects of individual skills.
- always have a medic on hand to heal.
- find a spot that has the most narrow entrance as possible for the specimen to enter while still giving your team enough space to move around freely to maximize the effects of their weapons/skills.
- have an escape/fall back route. prepare for getting over-run just as a precaution. usually welding doors or having enough space behind you will allow players to retreat as a last resort.

Upvote 0