• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tips for Clown Cars in Orel

BeserkWraithlor

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
1.Get to the objective! Clown cars are the fastest vehicles in the game, and its almost impossible for tanks to hit a moving Clown Car! They are great for capping.

2.Use the Satchel! Once you get near a tank THAT DOES NOT SEE YOU, toss a sathcel underneath it and run! Be sure to keep your Clown Car a fair distance before you toss it. Look out for the Commander, as he might open the hatch to spot you, your PPSH will make quick work of him. If the Tank Commander gets out the tank to kill you, shoot him!

3.If a tank sees you, RUN! clown cars have no weapons against tanks, but tanks NEVER stay still when they see a clown car, because they fear the satchel. You can either drive away and look for other tanks, OR you can circle around the tank, and call your allies to help. Don't worry about getting hit, the Clown Car's armor has a chance of deflecting tank shells. I once survived 4 shots from a tank before I got off to do a sucide satchel run. Tanks are useless when near a clown car, because they can't hit one, and if they stay still, the satchel will murder them, so they always keep on moving when they see the Clown Car, so they are Ducks for Russian tanks. A good combo is driving up to a tank with a clown car and scare it away, and your allied tank can shoot it down!

4.You can go through the River! The Clown Car is the only vehicle that can go through the water, thanks to its extremly high speed, so don't worry when you fall off the bridge!

5.Scout for Tanks! You should help your allies by scouting the area, and telling them where the enemy is. Especially in the heights, where German tanks camp over the mountain unseen.

6.Get to the Heights! This is where you see most of the German Tanks, as Germans have the luxury of concealing there tanks over the height, and taking out Russian Tanks near South Lake. Get up the Height, and once you see that German Tank, toss a satchel, and then your allies will be able to get pass the Lake unharmed.

7.Don't turn too much when driving! This is the demise of Clown Cars. When the Clown Car is moving at high speeds, don't do sharp turns, as the Car tips over, making it useless! It would be bad if you had to walk. Turn Slightly.

8.Open the Hatch! As a scouting vehicle, you need the greatest line of sight possible, and your hatch prevents that. Open it up! Don't be scared! You will be able to see everything in front of you, and from the sides too!

11. Cover each other! One of the main reasons you can fall prey to a Clown Car drive-by is because your alone or secluded, and if that Clown Car can get up close you are screwed. If you are in sight of other teammates however, another allied tank can easily take out that Clown Car Driver as he stops next to you to drop his package off. This goes for you too, watch your teammates and take out any offending Clowns you can see, your allies will appreciate it. Nothing says "teamwork" like a teammate destroying that Clown Car right before it gets to you.

Upvote 0
Here's a tip for clown cars:
anim_977a0f0e-1119-fb64-0dc0-c60dcdf1815b.gif

LOL! I found this avatar from another forum and It is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, Hilarious! The real clip is from "King of New York" where Christopher Walken pulls up along side a guy and blows his head off at a funeral.

But seriously if they would just implement the BA64 realistically there would be no problem.

Upvote 0
A disclaimer regarding fording the river on Orel: on some versions available for play the river IS passable by tanks! If you go in, make sure your hatch is closed and you never, ever switch positions or you *will* drown. It takes a while to find the right spots, but it is possible to swim a tank along the riverbed and climb out the other side.

Note, also, it's a glitch but it's possible to shoot up out of the water if you see someone on a bridge; it's also possible to get shot while underwater, too. Just because you CAN, though, it doesn't mean you SHOULD do either of these.

Upvote 0
I hate the clown car
its the most unrealistic pile of metal in any game.
Seing a terminator with his plasma rifle on starlingrad would be more beliveable. The thing what bugs me about them is the fact that you see 88mm rounds go "DDDONK" off them time and time again.

Now im not a big tank player, but i have no trouble hitting a moving clown car, its just getting it to blow up thats the problem.

It REALY is time something was done about it.
Its just another case off favor toward the russians.

Upvote 0
1.Get to the objective! its almost impossible for tanks to hit a moving Clown Car!

I love blasting Clown Cars. Few things give me such pleasure. At 300 meters or less it is dead no matter how much it is turning. Keep your calm and blast him. The worst thing you can do is rush the shot. Even at longer ranges if he is not constantly turning it is simply a matter of leading him.

It is RARE that a AP will boucne on the Clown Car, perhaps 1/20. HE rounds though will regularly fail to kill it even with multiple hits.

If the car is close open the turret to keep him in site as you traverse.

If he gets REAL close (satchel range) hit the gas and go. Even if he jumps out right behind and tosses the satchel you should have time to make it clear.

If you see a clown car and know he has seen you hose him down with MG fire. Best case is he will have the hatch open and get killed. At the least you will make him button up (hurting visibility) and provide a bright yellow finger pointing him out for every other tank on the map.

I hate CLown Cars so much I accidentally blasted one on Orel the other day when I was a Soviet! Fruedian slip for which I had to apologize!

Upvote 0
When I play an anti-tank man

When I play an anti-tank man

I love clown cars! They rock - literally! They are so funny that they get my funny bone! But even though newbie Panzer boys laugh at them, a clown car strikes fear in the hearts of seasoned Panzer units. To see a clown car slipping just out of your gun-sight to your side means: TIME TO BAIL! Better have your small arms ready.

Upvote 0
I love clown cars! They rock - literally! They are so funny that they get my funny bone! But even though newbie Panzer boys laugh at them, a clown car strikes fear in the hearts of seasoned Panzer units. To see a clown car slipping just out of your gun-sight to your side means: TIME TO BAIL! Better have your small arms ready.

and that, my friends is the problem with clowncars :D

Upvote 0
quite true

quite true

I don't recall reading any battles with Russians where waves of light armored cars took out a strike force of Panzers. But I suppose it could have been done had someone tried. But only against a totally green Panzer unit and a lot of luck.

To really make Red Orc realistic we'd need to first make it where drivers and men in cars and tanks can't just press Z and eject from the vehicle. If the clown car guy had to actually open a hatch and stick one leg out and then the other and then pull himself out those clown car attacks would cease. Also my antics where I run up with T-34 - eject out, panzerfaust a tank in the rear and then Z back into my tank and run off - would also end.

Also if we forced crew members inside tanks to actually have to spend time moving from the driver seat to the gun - say 5 seconds or more - would end the one man tank routines that I love so much and force players to actually CREW UP.

I'd also like to see tank armor made true to life for the types and I'd like to see more types of damage. Also like to see turrets shoot up into the air in flames that burn like rocket engines. Also get rid of the silly angles - I have read enough to know that tanks avoided showing their tread to the enemy as much as possible. The weakest place on a tank was its tread and wheels.

Upvote 0