• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release TimeScaler Mutator

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
This mutator allows to scale these parameters:

Territory:
-Round time limit
-Lockdown time
-Minimum time to capture a zone.
-Axis/Allies delay between reinforcements waves
-Delay between commander-forced respawn

Firefight:
-Round time limit*
-Axis/Allies delay between reinforcements waves

Countdown:
-Objective time limit
-Minimum time to capture an objective Zone.

*In this case special case, the time limit can only be set to a value, it cannot be scaled.

PROFILES
You can create as many scaling profiles as you want in the config file. A profile contains these settings:

• ID [TE/FF/CD] MANDATORY
    Identifies a profile. Any alphanumerical value is accepted (case insensitive).
  • AbsoluteTimeLimit [TE/FF/CD] (default: false)
    Set to true if you want to use an absolute time limit, or false if you want to use a scaling factor.
  • TimeLimit [TE/FF/CD] (default: 1.0)
    Absolute time in seconds, or scaling factor. For FF, it HAS to be an absolute time.
  • LockDownTime [TE] (default: 1.0)
    Scaling factor for the lockdown timers.
  • MinimumCaptureTime [TE/CD] (default: 1.0)
    Scaling factor for the time required to capture a zone/objective
  • AxisReinforcementDelay [TE/FF] (default: 1.0)
    Scaling factor for the time between the axis reinforcements waves.
  • AlliesReinforcementDelay [TE/FF] (default: 1.0)
    Scaling factor for the time between the allies reinforcements waves.
  • InstantRespawnInterval [TE] (default: 1.0)
    Scaling factor for the delay between commander-forced respawn.

Whenever a parameter is not specified, the default value is used.

Here's the default configuration file:

Code:
[TimeScaler.TimeScaler]
bEnableLogging=false
ScalingProfileList=(ID="Race",TimeLimit=0.75,LockDownTime=0.75,MinimumCaptureTime=0.75,AxisReinforcementDelay=0.75,AlliesReinforcementDelay=0.75,InstantRespawnInterval=0.75)
ScalingProfileList=(ID="Epic",TimeLimit=2.0,LockDownTime=2.0,MinimumCaptureTime=2.0,AxisReinforcementDelay=2.0,AlliesReinforcementDelay=2.0,InstantRespawnInterval=2.0)

Note that when the mutator is active, a default scaling profile is always used, unless a profile ID is specified.

To understand how to use mutator, consider this example, where you want to use the epic profile:
Code:
?mutator=TimeScaler.TimeScaler?TimeScaler_ID=Epic

?TimeScaler_ID=Epic means the the Epic profile will be used.

?mutator=TimeScaler.TimeScaler is used to enable the mutator. You need to include it everytime you use the mutator. If you have many mutators active, line them up like this:
Code:
?mutator=TimeScaler.TimeScaler,OtherMutator.OtherMutator,AnotherOne.AnotherOne ...

OVERRIDE
Any of the parameters defined in the active profile can be overriden by an option in the URL. Basically, to override a parameter, just put ?TimeScaler_<param_name>=<param_value> in the URL.

Consider these examples:

You want to use your use the default profile, but want the lockdown timers to be twice longer:
Code:
?mutator=TimeScaler.TimeScaler?TimeScaler_LockDownTime=2.0

You want to use the Epic profile, but it's a FF map, which means that you need to set an absolute time limit.
Code:
?mutator=TimeScaler.TimeScaler?TimeScaler_ID=Epic?TimeScaler_AbsoluteTimeLimit=true?TimeScaler_TimeLimit=900

INSTALL
1. The zip file is attached to this thread (see below), download it and extract the files.
2. In the server directory, put defaulttimescaler.ini and ROTimeScaler.ini under ~\rogame\config\
3. In the server directory, put TimeScaler.u under ~\rogame\cookedpcserver\
4. If you use a redirect for your server, put TimeScaler.u at the root.

SPECIAL THANKS TO...
-Mad_Fred for helping me to test the mutator.
-Ducky for sharing his mutators, and answering many questions.
-Mekhazzio for taking me out of big troubles.
-worluk for helping me to setup a development environment.

Attachments

• TimeScaler_v1.0.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
  • defaulttimescaler_ini.txt
    391 bytes · Views: 1
  • ROTimeScaler_ini.txt
    391 bytes · Views: 1
  • TimeScaler_u.txt
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Does this allow you to modify the time for each map or is it across the entire game server?

Would be great to have more control over the time setting for each map. Classic mode seems to favour defenders greatly so it would be great to be able to tweak it so the fights are closer.

Yes, all you'd have to do is to add an option in the URL of the map (with DynamicMapRotator). It would be great for Classic on some maps, but it is also for CD, which we are using with great results in the Public 1vs1 Rifleman Tournament.

However the version of this mutator that I submitted to TWI has never been white-listed. The last news I got from them, were that TWI was "concerned about the potential changes to the gameplay without players being aware of it when joining the server".

I'd probably have to review it to see if everything still works fine after the update. But I'm not wasting any more time on it as long as TWI doesn't show a real interest into going through the white-listing process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0