• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tier 2 medic gun suggestion

Temstar

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
Having done a suggestion for Tier 3 medic gun (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39959http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39959), I thought I’ll have a go at a tier 2 one too.

Now we know TWI intends for Tier 3 weapon for a class to be straight upgrade of Tier 1, while Tier 2 is a functionally different weapon that is better in some situation and worse in others, for example:

Lever Action Rifle -> Crossbow -> M14EBR
Pump Action Shotgun -> Hunting Shotgun -> AA-12
M79 -> Pipe Bomb -> M32
Bullpup -> AK-47 -> SCAR

So following that logic, and taking into account my suggestion for MP5KM as Tier 3 medic gun, we need:
MP7M -> ??? -> MP5KM

But how do you make a unique Tier 2 medic gun? I’ve seen a lot of suggestions of either buff to players (stimulants) or debuff to specimens (tranquilizer). While I think that’s the way to go, I still think a medic gun needs to heal at some capacity. Least a Medic decides Tier 2 is what’s needed and the rest of the team gets no range heals. So here’s what I’m suggesting:

MAG-7M
Clip fed pump action CQC shotgun.

mag7sbs.png

Look at that thing, in real life MAG-7 is to a full size shotgun what a PDW is to a full sized rifle. It fires special short 12 gauge x 60mm shells (normal 12 gauge shells are close to 80mm long) from a five round box magazine. The guys who make this, Techno Arms have come up with a version called M7 Dual Riot which have a 37mm tube on top of the gun to fire smoke and tear gas canisters. So I figured a MAG-7M can easily be adopted to fire a fat 37mm healing dart filled with an extra large serving of the red life giving liquid.

Speaking of that liquid, it seems like an injection is quite painful, judging by the self injection animation and Patriarch’s roar when he juices one. With such a large quantity of it relative to the normal healing dart, sticking one in a specimen should cause considerable pain, with unfortunate side effect of healing them. But what’s 70 more hit points for a FP when it's got something like 4500 max HP.

Big healing dart:
Heals teammate for the same amount as if they’ve been hit by two healing darts (70HP for level 6 Medic)
Uses 100% of the dart charge to fire
Dart charge base recharge rate is half of normal MP7M and Syringe recharge

When it hits a specimen, it heals them for the same amount of HP, but also causes:

• Stun animation, for specimens that have them (clot, gorefast, stalker, husk)

• 5 second stun, for specimens that don’t have them (crawler, siren, bloat, scrake, but not FP)

• De-rage FP, as the red juice interferes with the adrenaline system

• Causes Patriarch to kneel

So you have a less flexible healing dart that heals at half the rate of MP7M dart, but with the ability to stun specimens. Probably not very useful on the small specimens, but against Scrakes, FPs and Patriarchs, it could be a life saver.

Last edited:
Now for the gun itself

MAG-7M
Damage: 25-35 per buckshot, same as pump action. But instead of 7 buckshots for pump action it only shoots out 6 in one blast due to the shorter shell
Spread: same as hunting shotgun primary fire, the gun is very short, resulting in a wide spread
Fire rate: same as pump action
Reload: 2s, about the same as bullpup

Weight: 6
Clip size: 3 (6 for level 6 Medic)
Clip count: 1 + 19 for 60 shells, level 6 Medic get 1+9 magazines for a total of 60 shells still
Sight: iron sight
Cost:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have liked the idea of the medic being about to do some support to the zeds, and this dual purpose shot sounds like the best idea cause you don't have to change guns, it does stun them, but to balance it out it also heals them. It can also be a new tool for griefers (to see a FP coming on a commando, and you shot heals at it as fast as you can, until the commando runs out of ammo, and let it un stun), but greifers will use anything

Upvote 0
Afaik the mp7 was made to replace the mp5 as the mp5 had issues with the increasing amount of bulletproof vests being carried by criminals.

YouTube - future weapons

It doesn't make a lot of sense to make the mp7 with better range and penetrative capabity than the mp5 and actually designed to follow up and replace the mp5, the low tier weak weapon and make the mp5 the strong one... The only thing its worse at is stopping power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makes the Patriarch kneel? ( I understand it's not a damage thing, but it "stuns" him )

De-rages the Fleshpound?

Somebody ring the OP bell.

It just sounds OP. Because considering how fast a Level 6 Medic can fire his darts, he would be slowing the Fleshpound/Patriarch down by at LEAST over 50%. :(

Upvote 0
I don't think any class besides Support should have a shotgun. The Medic's MP7 is a pdw/smg so his guns should be of that nature. The Knight's Armament PDW is a good candidate for another medic gun imo. I also think the MP5K would be a good tier 3 candidate since it fires the larger 9mm round, less effective against body armor but otherwise better stopping power. So it could do more damage than the MP7, but perhaps LESS dmg against scrakes, husks and FPs than the MP7 since they are tougher and can be said to have leather-like armored skin.

This would be a perfect balance if the MP7 is considered a tier 1 or 2 gun since the MP5K would be better for most, but not all, situations. Note that the LAR is better than the M14 against tough enemies at long range, the pump shotgun does more dmg per shot than the AA12, the M79 weighs less and is easier to use than M32 for light crowd control, and the bullpup has a much lower recoil than the SCAR and twice the clip size, making it better for mid-range auto fire.

I'd hesitate to have another heal dart gun since I think Medics should have healing limitations and be encouraged to aim their heal darts carefully, not spam darts like they would with 2 heal guns. Another light PDW or two would be interesting if they have unique darts on each like the tranquilizer (slow zeds) or adrenaline syringe (temporary speed/resistance boost to teammate, followed by temporary slowing effect).

The adrenaline dart has been suggested as a speed boost but I think a resistance boost could be even more useful, as long as it's substantial like at least 25%. A teammate might not react quickly enough to avoid getting killed if they get an unexpected speed boost, but a resistance boost would help them survive without distracting them or requiring a change of tactics on their part. If someone is expecting a speed boost and they're not completely surrounded, then speed would be more useful. Maybe there could be a gun for each: adrenaline dart for speed boost and a steroid dart for resistance boost. They would both have to have negative after-effects to prevent abuse.

Upvote 0
It just sounds OP. Because considering how fast a Level 6 Medic can fire his darts, he would be slowing the Fleshpound/Patriarch down by at LEAST over 50%. :(

Well level 6 medic have 300% syringe recharge rate. Now I did say MAG-7M syringe takes 100% charge to fire and have 50% base recharge rate compared to MP7M or syringe, so it takes twice as long to charge up to 100 when empty. Even with 300% recharge at level 6 medic he won't be able to shoot it that rapidly. It will be the same speed that a level 2 medic can fire darts from an empty MP7M

Upvote 0
Well level 6 medic have 300% syringe recharge rate. Now I did say MAG-7M syringe takes 100% charge to fire and have 50% base recharge rate compared to MP7M or syringe, so it takes twice as long to charge up to 100 when empty. Even with 300% recharge at level 6 medic he won't be able to shoot it that rapidly. It will be the same speed that a level 2 medic can fire darts from an empty MP7M

a level 6 really gets a 300% recharge?

jesus christ lol

im sure level 5 only gets 150%, and it goes up that much at level 6??

Upvote 0
5 Heal 25K HP on teammates
  • 150% faster syringe charges
  • 50% more potent medical injections
  • 75% less damage from Bloat Bile
  • +20% movement speed
  • 50% better Body Armour
  • 60% discount on body armor
  • Starts with body armor
  • Medic gun has 95% discount and double clip size
6 Heal 100K HP on teammates
  • 200% faster syringe charges
  • 75% more potent medical injections
  • 75% less damage from Bloat Bile
  • +25% movement speed
  • 50% better Body Armour
  • 60% discount on body armor
  • Starts with body armor and medic gun
  • Medic gun has 97% discount and double clip size
lvl 6 Medic is SWEET :D

I don't think the Medic should have 3 smg's to swap through but an extra one would mitigate the MP7 reload of death.
---

Last edited:
Upvote 0