• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thrills and Chills Event Video Contest

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    As you may have noticed in the trailer for this years Twisted Christmas event we introduced a contest. Until end of our work day Friday (6PM EST, -5 GMT) or we run out of codes (which ever comes first), we will accept submissions of players playing and beating the new map "Thrills and Chills Amusement Park" (KF-ThrillsChills) on Normal and above difficulty and be awarding DLC Steam Codes to those who win.

The video must contain the full game from the start of the match until the Patriarch is beaten and show no cheats or exploits. The game must also be "stock" gameplay and not use any mods or mutators to alter gameplay. Only one submission per user please.

To win players must create a video and post it publicly of them playing and beating the map. After the video is posted, emails us at ThrillChillXmas @ Gmail.com (without spaces of course). Please include a link to your video, along with the emails of all those who participated in your video and their Steam handles. Feel free to share your videos via Twitter and Facebook as well (although this does not constitute a submission)!

Winners will be selected randomly from submissions until the time period for this contest has concluded. All players in a submission will receive a key. Good Luck!

TL: DR
    Submit the following:
    • Email(s) of all involved
    • Steam Profile(s) of all involved
    • Link to video showing the full game from start to finish

Do multiple submissions constitute multiple chances? Considering we don't entirely know the selection process (does random mean you just use a random number generator and pick something from the list?) I would really appreciate a response! If I do somehow manage to win, considering I have nearly all the DLC could I give my dlc win to a friend?

Upvote 0
    Do multiple submissions constitute multiple chances? Considering we don't entirely know the selection process (does random mean you just use a random number generator and pick something from the list?) I would really appreciate a response! If I do somehow manage to win, considering I have nearly all the DLC could I give my dlc win to a friend?

One submission per player please. This means if multiple people are in your submission, that counts as their submission. You can give the code if you win to anybody if you want to.

Upvote 0
    Does the Pat melee-lock count as an exploit? I.e. timing your movements to have the Patriarch stand and swipe at you?

This is fine. Exploits are considered as making it so zeds can no longer attack you.

Is it supposed to be a Long game or can we do Short or Medium as well?

Any is fine.

Can we use the new Steam Broadcasts function? Is there a minimum number of players?

You could, but I do not believe that Steam broadcast will record your stream so you would have nothing to submit to us!

Upvote 0
    Let the codes flow

Let the codes flow

The first flush of ThrillChillXmas DLC codes have gone out today. More tomorrow. Thanks for all the great vids, there are lots to watch.

Remember, we like vids that are posted publicly (YT, Vimeo, Twitch, etc), feature the new map and some of your friends. A good patty fight is nice too.

In your email, let us know the steam names of your friends that appear in the video clip.

Upvote 0
    A few DLC codes remain

A few DLC codes remain

We're still watching videos and giving out DLC codes for Christmas.
    We've gone through about 2/3's of the codes (we're actually using well more than the original number). The response is such, we're a couple of days behind submissions, so be patient.

When we're all out, an autoresponder will let you know the giveaway is over. Until then, you still can still send us a link to your KF video.

Upvote 0