• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three days ago all gore effects dissappeared from my game. How do I fix it?

Boerseun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 21, 2013
I've put 70 hours into Killing Floor. During this time I have enjoyed the full, uncensored Killing Floor experience, including all blood effects, gore, dismemberment, blowing heads off, etc.

Three days ago all of that dissappeared.

I've heard of the game having a Low Violence version. Did my uncensored version suddenly click over for some reason and activate as Low Violence? How would that even work? How do I switch it back?

I could of course be mistaken, and perhaps this has nothing to do with censoring the game.

I say that because at the moment I cannot even see if I'm hitting the ZEDs with my shots. When they die they just fall over limply. And there is hardly any indication that I've even hit one or that I'm doing any damage at all. Sometimes they flinch from being shot, and that's it.

Grenades have the same effect. And explosions have much reduced smoke.

So how do I solve this problem?

Can I get someone from Tripwire to give me a leg up?

I've bought your game and all the DLC and would like to continue enjoying it into the future. At the moment I get no enjoyment from playing.

Also, with regards to what could have triggered this -- on Wednesday I played online with friends for the first time. That is when I noticed the issue. Could accepting an invite to someone's game have done it?

Lastly, I've already tried deleting and re-installing. It made no difference.

PLEASE HELP!!

You should check your KillingFloor.ini (under steamapps\common\killingfloor\System) for a few lines.

In the section under [Engine.Engine] "bdevgoreoverride=True" should be set like this and in the section [Engine.GameInfo] your "GoreLevel" should be at 2, being the highest gorelevel, 0 being completely censored and 1 being reduced gore. In the same part "bLowGore=False" should be set to false, I don't remember if it's really necessary but it can't hurt.

Upvote 0
You should check your KillingFloor.ini (under steamapps\common\killingfloor\System) for a few lines.

In the section under [Engine.Engine] "bdevgoreoverride=True" should be set like this and in the section [Engine.GameInfo] your "GoreLevel" should be at 2, being the highest gorelevel, 0 being completely censored and 1 being reduced gore. In the same part "bLowGore=False" should be set to false, I don't remember if it's really necessary but it can't hurt.

I apologise for not replying sooner. My thread got lost among the others and I missed your update.

I've added those lines you suggested and the game is now back to normal.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
Boerseun! I have this same issue can you be more specific with the file path? There is no settings folder, do you mean documents/mygames/killing floor2/KFgame configs? please any help is appreciated! I want gore as well! One thing to note my settings say gore at 0 but if I change it to 2 then I get zero gore.

Upvote 0