• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thoughts on the Eviscerator:

CrashFu

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2014
Ohio
First of all, I'd just like to get this in the open: Should we assume that there will NOT be a traditional chainsaw for the berzerker, since the Eviscerator combined all of the functionality of the KF1 chainsaw AND the sawblade launcher?

Feedback for what we have now: I find it a really interesting tactical choice. It's an insanely powerful ranged weapon (with reclaimable ammo) that ricochets AND can deal continuous melee damage, plus the bash attack's damage is top-notch. All of this in one weapon, at the downside that it weighs a LOT and has no block function.

What I don't like: The sawblades aren't very visible mid-flight. Half the time, I just see kind of a faint glow-point moving through the air. Sometimes I'm not even sure the saw I just fired IS travelling across a room until I see clots start fractioning.

Alt-fire looks/feels/is weak It just doesn't feel like it's really connecting much. Instead of chewing into the flesh of the zeds I'm just... holding out out there and nearby zeds are presumably taking damage? They might die from it? Eventually. There is just not much feedback to suggest if I'm doing damage or how much. In practice, it definitely seems like the damage dealt is so low that I might as well just get out the lawnmower-blade, which can kill lesser zeads in a single headshot, attacks very rapidly, and also has a parrying feature.

Personally, I think I'd like to see the alt-fire as something that commits to a single target, really DIGS IN, and does massive damage. Or make it flinch lesser zeds, at least. I've found bashing with the weapon to usually accomplish more than alt-firing.

I'd like to see a combo attack: first spin saw blade with alt fire then release it with primary. This could help with aiming as well.
Like, this combo could be used both to expend one point of ammo for a burst of damage to finish off a melee hit (and potentially hit zeds behind the melee target)?

Or just using the blade-spin to gyroscopically stabilize the blade, trading a 'charge-up' time for a guarunteed accurate shot?

Because both sound great to me.

Upvote 0
It is the best berserker weapon.

* It stuns SC with headshot, there could be a potential stun lock, just trying to figure out when raged mechanics. You can dodge around them and use secondary fire for a reliable kill as well
* Most powerful single shot ranged weapon vs FP currently, chip, kite, I have also seen it stumble a FP
* Blade fire decaps bloat, siren, husk, or 2 shot body husk
* Parry uses a fuel less jab which decaps clots, cyst, slasher, double tap crawler
* If you attack front on it has a parry like function because it prevents enemies from damaging you when they are being grinded
* Very efficient ammo. 1 ammo drop refuels all the fuel and gives 5 blades which can be picked up, so can Supplier Perk

All the above is tested in Sui.Making a guide because this weapon rocks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys are from another universe!

If there's a joke weapon in the game, it's the eviscerator.

FACTS

60 fuel(!!!) to drop a Scrake.

Hans:
150 fuel (that's all its gasoline) won't bring Hans down one phase.
13 saw projectiles to drop him a phase.
25 saws to finish him on the last phase.

By comparison, it takes an AA-12 17-19 shells (less than a clip) to to drop him down a phase. That's 4 seconds, to do what the eviscerator takes minutes.

The stab is garbage. It's a thrust attack, rather than a swing. It has no arc. It's terrible for stunning multiple targets, and stunninig is what keeps you alive on the higher difficulties. You can't parry with it.

No stuns, no parries, have fun mopping the floor with your face on Suicidal+.

It's not even good for crowd clearing on higher difficulties. You can wipe out a corridor with a single shotgun blast from a decently levelled support. Eviscerator has too little ammo to use regularly on Suicidal/HoE, the projectile shoots in a narrow line when waves of trash are sprinting in from every direction.

It looks dangerous, and is fun to use for giggles. But that's it. You won't be carrying any games or clearing HoE with it.

Upvote 0
It's horrible in every way.

Saw blades should penetrate more, deal more damage and the chainsaw should use less fuel per tick and deal more damage.

Maybe then someone will buy something you can't parry with while playing as a perk that relies on parrying.

Dropping its weight requirement to allow the zerk to carry both an eviscerator and a pulverizer might make it better too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • It doesn't 'connect' with zeds the way hammer does.

• It uses so much fuel that it forces you to roam across map to find more and that's a problem, if your team wants to keep a same spot.

• With hammer you can swing multiple heads off, but with Eviscerator you have to saw them off one-by-one. It feels more like a single-target weapon, when you need a weapon for a swarm.

Upvote 0
I always use the hammer instead but it's pure preference, I like hammers.

All I can say is how the weapon feels; Personally with a weapon like this with a constant chainsaw type function, being able to see/hear each individual tick kills the immersion for me. I won't talk about balancing it as I don't know enough about it, but making the saw attack tick much faster (maybe lowering tick damage or something to equal it out) would make it feel like an actual saw.

Upvote 0
Eviscerator is fine imho, I just don't like the fact that both middle and right click do the same thing. Also, the fuel attack seems inconsistent, as it does not really land on the enemy you are tryn to kill.
Other than that, I can't imagine a comparison with the chainsaw of the first game. Eviscerator is one of the best weapons for the new zerk perk, the chainsaw was one of the most useless weapons I've ever seen in a game.

Upvote 0
Reminds me of the chainsaw mixed with the buzz saw bow, but now specials have way more hp. For example, I tested my level 4 support on Suicidal and dropped skrakes left and right with one alt double barrel shot. Now on normal it takes what like 10? The buzz bow in the first game made the berserker really good at taking out skrakes but now that their hp is super high it just kind of sucks. My thoughts

Upvote 0
It really doesn't seem like all that great of a weapon to be honest. For starters it really feels like your wasting your class abilities by taking it since the extra attack damage and speed doesn't seem to effect it on top of many of your perks being melee focused. Secondly it takes up way to much space, you can take that and only that leaving you with very little flexibility. The saw blades work decently well against scrakes but against the FP it seems to quickly become useless.

The better combo in my eyes is still the Vlad and Pulverizer. You can use both of them against trash zeds and they work pretty well at keeping crawlers away and off of you. It gives you both a ranged and close in option with the ability to block on the hammer. With both you are almost always going to have enough ammo to get you though the wave. Lastly It makes far more economic sense as you don't have to fill both gas and blades on the same weapon on top of them being far cheaper to maintain and recover if you do die. Lastly you don't have to run around sucking up ammo which could go to teammates that are using the AA-12 or other ammo eating weapon.

I love the look of it, i like the concept of a combo weapon that is powerful but takes more to maintain and more skill to use but the reward just doesn't feel like it's there compared to the hammer and nail combo.

Upvote 0