• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

those permanent bans

The speed hack has always been a false positive and a problem with PB.I would say 99 % of speed hacks detected is a false positive and that player isn't cheating from what I understand it has to do with lag and latency related problems.

If someone is going to cheat more than likely they would use a aim bot or a wall hack etc to actually give them an advantage.As lame as cheating is even the speed hack it still wouldn't help a player that much during a match.

Not sure why PB has been giving false positive speed hacks for over 4 years now and still haven't resolved this issue.Its pretty lame for someone to cheat but , even lamer to be banned for a false positive speed hack.

The ban shouldn't be permanent just try again later and it should let you back in

Last edited:
Reactions: mowskwoz
Upvote 0
I too have had strange cases of being banned from servers after being sure i hadn't tk'd or hacked at all. I have never used hacks and never will but i get speed hack dtected messages all the time (well really only 2-3 times a week, but still). I never understand why, just end up in the server browser saying you have been session banned for no reason. i just took it as another quirk of the game

Upvote 0
The speed hack has always been a false positive and a problem with PB.I would say 99 % of speed hacks detected is a false positive and that player isn't cheating from what I understand it has to do with lag and latency related problems.

Yep, if the server itself suffers a lag spike, there's a chance all players could be hit by speedhack warning/kicks. By the way, I posted something very similar to your comment in another thread - and Yoshiro replied that the speedhack detection is part of the UT engine, and doesn't involve PB :) I also thought it was PB-related, but it seems that isn't the case.

Reactions: aesdana and Nik21
Upvote 0