• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This made me rage.

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1828099.html

Seriously, I had a hard time reading that. What does the community think of these steam idiots?

One of the worst comments:

"bias69
04-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I would buy it for 5euros, no way this is worth 20.
But they will have to drop the price eventually if they want this game to last a bit longer than few months."

"gnoj 4-19-2011, 08:09 AM
We already paid 20, so there is no point for then to sell DLC.

Personaly, if they started selling DLC it would bury the game alltogheter.

If, they charged 10 before the release, and another 10 after for the SP content it would be ok, but they already released the game for 20, so by seliing dlc they would INCREASE the price instead of making a price drop like some people sugested.

Everybody who got game for 20$, should get DLC for free."

"theyesman 04-19-2011, 10:15 AM
The game failed already guys

Just accept it"

"Boomshizzle
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
The problem with having a bunch of gamers running their own company is that none of them understand basic economics. They pretty much act as if they're selling a luxury product with an inelastic demand."

Edit: Move this to the podium, forgot I was posting in the KF Forums.

Last edited:
umm what? First, its an old thread from last year. Second, its talking mostly about dino D day, and killing floor only gets referenced later on. And third, its team forums. SPUF is nothing but a bunch of immature kids, 4chan idiots, or overly serious adults. I admit Im on there, and Im nearly a 5star person, but I have my share of derp derp threads. Just go check out the tf2 section. Children on forums, everywhere

Upvote 0
Make a good game, price it reasonably, and make DLC have no real impact on the game, and keep up support whilst listening to the community; this is the best way to succeed.

Ex: Killing Floor.

It's why Cow of Doody is only around for 1 year, and KF is 3/7 years strong.

Don't make a good game, buy an incomplete game engine, don't listen to the people beta testing the game, claim your game is perfect, make one type of game while also trying to make another type of game, and ignore valid criticism and you will fail.

Ex: SWTOR.

Also, don't take established IPs and make them into an MMO. The MMO market is full, and you'll fail anyway.

I'm not sure what i'm getting at, but $20 is fine for a game. $60 on the other hand...

Reactions: Left 4 Dinner
Upvote 0
Make a good game, price it reasonably, and make DLC have no real impact on the game, and keep up support whilst listening to the community; this is the best way to succeed.

Ex: Killing Floor.

It's why Cow of Doody is only around for 1 year, and KF is 3/7 years strong.

Don't make a good game, buy an incomplete game engine, don't listen to the people beta testing the game, claim your game is perfect, make one type of game while also trying to make another type of game, and ignore valid criticism and you will fail.

Ex: SWTOR.

Also, don't take established IPs and make them into an MMO. The MMO market is full, and you'll fail anyway.

I'm not sure what i'm getting at, but $20 is fine for a game. $60 on the other hand...

Cow of Doody. Thats a good one XD

Upvote 0
1.alayws hamer entitelement and company entitelement- nether one justifys the other. Only balance and maturity and honety can make it good for all ppl, since everybody wants happy for all and not juts themselves as humans are creatures of emapthy and not evil!

2.As for dino DDAY sounds like a good game especailly for 20 bucks comapred to the 60 (+ dlc mapacs) of other "porfersssional" titles- Candleack knows whats on.

3. steam forums are wierd.

Upvote 0
1.alayws hamer entitelement and company entitelement- nether one justifys the other. Only balance and maturity and honety can make it good for all ppl, since everybody wants happy for all and not juts themselves as humans are creatures of emapthy and not evil!

Game companies owe it to their customers to not release piles of ****, or rehashed gameplay. And if they do they should fix it. I don't see customers as entitled, i see it as justified complaint. publishers use the term entitlement to alter the perception of the complaints from valid to invalid.

2.As for dino DDAY sounds like a good game especailly for 20 bucks comapred to the 60 (+ dlc mapacs) of other "porfersssional" titles- Candleack knows whats on.

TWI has the best DLC format. Blizzard knows what's up with expansions (as opposed to DLC) whereas Activision and EA haven't got a clue on how to handle games.

3. steam forums are wierd.
Agreed. :)

Upvote 0
I actually got banned for a month fom steam forums. Long story short, SPUF was having one of those moments where the forums were changing things, and suddenly, every thread had a star rating. Those that didnt ahve any ratings, were given a default 3star rating. Well, on the tf2 sections, everyone was making joke threads about the whole thing (me being one of them, but it was just one thread). And after everyone was just doing tons of pointless threads and posts, the mods finally stepped in and the banhammer was whacking everyone off the forums.

What really sucks is that its an IP ban, and Im too lazy to use proxies or change IP address. I sent a messag asking them to explain what exact post/thread/both caused the ban, and who banned me. Luckly, its just a month, but the IP-ban part just stinks because i cant create another account. oh well, Ill just have to stick to here for a while :)

Upvote 0