• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This game

I love this game because i've played it for 3? years now and got to know the community and like em. And afcourse i'm interested in world war 2, and like that bullets go where I aim, the ability to respawn to get a somewhat filled battlefield while 1 hit still means a kill. (usually realistic games opt for 1 life which aint necessarily more realistic, and its just a big turnoff for me because maps usually end up small then).

The main reason why i fell in love with this game was the old capsystem where you needed X% of your team in the capzone before you could start capping, because of that you really saw people slowly setup in capzones and although maybe a fake one you really got a big feeling of teamwork (even if half the team didnt try to cap). The sence of teamwork went away for me with the new capsystem.
(it was removed probably because on some servers too many were trying to just shoot and not cap so you could never cap anything, still i wish that someone would make a mutator or the devs would mate a server setting to get it back :"( )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I love

What I love

I love Red orchestra, mainly because of the realism anyone else like to post why they love the game?

I love the wide-open feeling that even the relatively small maps have. I like how well most of the maps are designed. I like the fact that some weapons are dangerous at long range and yet there are occasions for close fighting.

I do like the fundamental graphic structures of the game. It feels like realism, even gritty realism...but (unlike say Brothers in Arms) you feel like you can move around freely and do some serious damage to the enemy rather than go through some pre-set maze of simplistic solutions. And for some reason I can actually hit people in this game with the rifles. If not always at 90 meters, then with a bayonnet or a borrowed machine gun.

I guess that's the main things: intuitive use of weapons and immersive feedback in that when you think you have a good shot, very often you actually hit something. But that has as much to do with the cues you get from the landscape as anything else. It's not just the guns, but how easily you can judge the range based on the trees and slope and so on.

Upvote 0
I love everything about it. I guess that explains the 3+ years I've been around. :D

Same :D xcept for the 3 year thingy, came in at 3.3 mod version, because i hate UT and never wanted it, till my mate told me about RO and let me play it quickly over at his place.
He's an UT freak hehehe, wich turned out good for me.

Upvote 0