• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This game of the source engine

futurenhler said:
meh
source i hear works better on low to mid end computers than UE3
Source is past, next-gen engine ftw!
futurenhler said:
i know it is a pointless thread really
but this game could be so amazing
if it retained teh blown up look, not the fresh outta teh dryer uniforms and worlds
Well I think that Ostfront has the best blown-up look compared to other games like Call of Duty 2 (which looks like glitter suits from the 80's Disco-era), or Day of Defeat: Source... (which has the distinctive drycleaner look)

And Brothers in Arms just looks like people have some dirt spats on their clothing, nothing serious... But it's a good start.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:
Should be by default. But you'll have to pay 250 bucks for that experience... ;)

*NOTE: Because the Ageia PhysX card is 250 bucks... ;)

but the stuff they could do with that card, imagin riding across a wheatfield in ostfront and having all the blades of grass and wheat bend around your tank as you drive over..

Also keep in mind that the first video card that could run the Unreal 3 engine was the Nvidia 6800, thats how new and powerful the engine is.

Upvote 0
malice said:
but the stuff they could do with that card, imagin riding across a wheatfield in ostfront and having all the blades of grass and wheat bend around your tank as you drive over..

Imagine the wheat stems staying broken in a trail behind you, clearly marking your path *and* providing a path of less resistance to any infantry sneaking up behind you. Imagine following someone's progress through a wheatfield by watching the grain ripple and move as they pass. Imagine snow and mud that actually hamper movement. Imagine the inferno of a wheat field set ablaze by the burning wrecks that are scattered across it.

.....I better stop this before I start fantasizing about the possibilites for the next week :)

Upvote 0
SiFi said:
Imagine the wheat stems staying broken in a trail behind you, clearly marking your path *and* providing a path of less resistance to any infantry sneaking up behind you. Imagine following someone's progress through a wheatfield by watching the grain ripple and move as they pass. Imagine snow and mud that actually hamper movement. Imagine the inferno of a wheat field set ablaze by the burning wrecks that are scattered across it.

.....I better stop this before I start fantasizing about the possibilites for the next week :)

..imagine most of these features being cut because they work fine in single player but require a monster server and connection to work in MP.

Upvote 0