• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This Game is Unoptimized and a Rather Bad Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiko88

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
I have a Q6600 @ 3.6ghz/4gb ddr2 4-4-4-12 Ram/GTX470 OCed (even more with raised voltages). I can run Metro 2033 at 60fps with everything maxed and no I am not exaggerating, but this game on the outdated UE3 for some magical reason I can't? Come on.

I have the latest drivers for everything. I have seen people with lesser PC specs than mine that can run this game at ultra with 60fps, while I am stuck with 30fps.

This is a horrendous port and frankly I'm disappointed. There is no way that in 2 weeks this game will be optimized. This game is trying to draw in the console crowd and has taken the PC port for granted, it is a shame. I love RO:1, but this is horrendous.

Don't believe that this is a port? There is a Xbox360 folder in the RO2 beta folder, that is how big of a joke this is.

Refund already requested, never again. Maybe when it hits $5 in a year or so.

There actually IS an Xbox-folder.

I think someone needs to do some explaining.

It's called engine architechture leftover, as UE3 was console oriented engine to begin with.

But my dearest apologies for I must admit, it must be fairly obvious port because poor console ports are always released PC first and then only in ten years in the future it gets its original console release, right guise?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a Q6600 @ 3.6ghz/4gb ddr2 4-4-4-12 Ram/GTX470 OCed (even more with raised voltages). I can run Metro 2033 at 60fps with everything maxed and no I am not exaggerating, but this game on the outdated UE3 for some magical reason I can't? Come on.

I have the latest drivers for everything. I have seen people with lesser PC specs than mine that can run this game at ultra with 60fps, while I am stuck with 30fps.

This is a horrendous port and frankly I'm disappointed. There is no way that in 2 weeks this game will be optimized. This game is trying to draw in the console crowd and has taken the PC port for granted, it is a shame. I love RO:1, but this is horrendous.

Don't believe that this is a port? There is a Xbox360 folder in the RO2 beta folder, that is how big of a joke this is.

Refund already requested, never again. Maybe when it hits $5 in a year or so.
I dont think nvidia or AMD has released any drivers for RO2? In BF3 alpha they did, and some got 150% FPS.

Upvote 0
XBox folder? Jesus God, WHAT? :confused:

Is this going to be Black Ops all over again?

Ok I actually double checked but he's actually right about the Xbox 360 folder.

Its under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\Engine\Shaders

WTF

Pro tip: Read the posts above you

Upvote 0
Actually if you dig deeper there is also NINTENDO WII folder !!!

OMFG TWI you lying bastards this is gonna be multiplatform ported sh*T you lied to us my teh powahfull ghamin rig does not give me constant 150fps on maps with multiple ppl compared to cramped locations in METRO 2033 I WANT A REFUND NOW calling steam support youre gonna regret that btw this ZOOM sucks and so unrealistic.... %$#$%#@!@#$%!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.