• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Things that need Improving and Polishing before moving on

akb

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
USA
Not in any kind of order

1. Net coding- needs some major improvements. If you view an ro2 game sesion from steam and constantly refresh the game, you will see that the game fluctuates 50 on the latency. EDIT: I notice this most on 64 players of course and it is a huge issue.

2. Lean system- Just a really clunky thing that needs worked on.

3. Spawn selection- Should have the option to not ready up after every death. The ability to save a spawn would also be Aweome.

4. Zoom system- I say this because you can't ironsite walk and zoom at the same time. Also I randomly will zoom in while running and throwing nades.

5. Specate system- First person view needs to show the gun, make it easier to see if someone is cheating. Join game from spectate.

6. Relaoding- The ability to reload only one bullet on a bolt action. Canceling reload shouldn't cancel the bullet previously loaded. Reloading partially empty clips on the first reload. Reload animation disappaering.

7. Mantling- Have to mantle something 3 times before you finally get over it. The system needs to be fine tuned.

8. Prone System- Can't prone here should be removed and the system as a whole should change. When proning, the player should be able to prone wherever he wants as long as the space is big enough. The wall should puch him into the right spot. Bouncing up and down trying to get out of prone is also a frequent issue.

9. Nade throwing- Can't sprint and then throw nades alot of the time. It can be pulled back, when thrown nothing happens. Sometimes nades are thrown and nothing happens, so you rethrow and the first nade thrown falls at your feet. When you pull the pin on the potato nade it should show the animation.

10. Sound- For me the sounds in this game are just funky. Hearing guys through 2 layers of floor, and yet they sound like they are right on you. Directional sound for me just isn't really there half the time.

11. Cover system- I don't really want to even put this on here because I never use it. I just know that it isn't finished as far as polish goes.

12. Melee System- UGH, this one for me is at the top. The system is just as annoying as it gets. I hate that sprinting melee forces you to stop when you attack a target. If you miss your target, even if you hit it, your are very vulnarable, because you completely stand still and have to try and sprint again. You should not beable to swing a bayonett and get a kill once it's reached it's full length on the stab. It's not a razer blade. It's a pointy object. I would like to see something move like OstFront just with better hit detection. REmoVEable bayos ppppleease.

13. Count Down, CD- It's not what it used to be.

Last edited:
On the subject of the cover system, anyone seen the far cry 3 cover system?

...it's actually incredibly intuitive, and I believe would benefit this game to no end.

What happens is, when you move up to cover, your gun pushes against it, then if you right click (ironsights) you pop over or around the cover. Dead simple and not half as annoyingly clunky and cumbersome as the current system.

Skip to 0:50 to see it in action.

Quick Tip - Cover Mechanics - Far Cry 3 (Gameplay Commentary) - YouTube

Upvote 0
On the subject of the cover system, anyone seen the far cry 3 cover system?

...it's actually incredibly intuitive, and I believe would benefit this game to no end.

What happens is, when you move up to cover, your gun pushes against it, then if you right click (ironsights) you pop over or around the cover. Dead simple and not half as annoyingly clunky and cumbersome as the current system.

Skip to 0:50 to see it in action.

This would be awesome for RO2. Can you make a separate suggestion thread for that, so it gets the attention it deserves, maybe with a poll?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, the issue with the grenade animation sometimes not showing needs to be fixed. Some things in the OP seem incredibly trite, however. What is wrong with the leaning system? Mantling also works reliably for me if the map is properly set up.

How about fixing the glitchy map voting and kick/role voting screens? It's seriously embarrassing. Also squad selection needs to be more visible, and you should be able or required to pick a squad before the round begins, instead of only being able to pick when you respawn. There's a glitch where the mouse wheel scrolls incredibly slowly through the squad menu. Finally, can we please be able to press "Enter" to accept a spawn point? So basic.

Upvote 0
I agree, the issue with the grenade animation sometimes not showing needs to be fixed. Some things in the OP seem incredibly trite, however. What is wrong with the leaning system? Mantling also works reliably for me if the map is properly set up.

How about fixing the glitchy map voting and kick/role voting screens? It's seriously embarrassing. Also squad selection needs to be more visible, and you should be able or required to pick a squad before the round begins, instead of only being able to pick when you respawn. There's a glitch where the mouse wheel scrolls incredibly slowly through the squad menu. Finally, can we please be able to press "Enter" to accept a spawn point? So basic.
The lean system is clunky. If you lean right and then want to lean left you can't just hit your lean left button. YOu have to wait till you center and then lean left. It's not fluid. Also you can't lean and move at the same time which feals awkward when your trying to get the right spot.

As for mantling well..for me I seem to not get it the first time generally. I get halfway out of the trench and fall back in. You have to stand at the right spot otherwise it doesn't always work. And as far as climbing through windows the mantling icon should pop up even if your on the side of it. Currently you have to be somewhere around a 90 degree angle to mantle/get the matle icon.

How'd I miss all that? Those are all important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0