• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

These hmtech reticles are pretty bad

I agree, I don't like the new sights either. On the rifle it's practically a nerf because they obscure more than they help to get on point. The shotgun sight outlines are unecessarily big. A simple and fine circle would have been enough. SMG is okay but I would still preferre the old dot. It's easier to follow where the tracers go when the sight picture isn't obscuring so much.

SMG
smgc3u01.jpg

Shotgun
shotgunb4u2q.jpg

Rifle
riflet9uf9.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly the only reticle i really don't like is the hm401 one, it cluters middle so much that makes following a target while firing difficult, or even locking onto the zeds head is a bit slower for me because of that cross.

Shotgun one makes sense tbh, as it shows the general area where pellets will fly (actually makes easier to shoot down crawlers when they are under your feet while you retreat)

SMG one is fine... probably would fit rifle more as well.

Upvote 0
Reticle variety so you can more easily tell the samey medguns apart was a good idea, but the new 301 and 401's reticles just have too much going on.

For 101, keeping the plain simple dot was best.
For 201, something simple, but a bit more than a dot, would be good, like the chevron or open T style reticles that kobra sights have settings for.
kobra_sight_reticles_open_T_reverse_chevron.png
For 301, a plain circle with a diameter that matches the spread would be great. Maybe with a dot in the middle. (if the circle narrows respectively when support's tight choke skill is in effect, that would be perfect)
For 401, the eotech-like reticle that the 201 currently has would be perfect. That has a bit of an "advanced" look to it, while not being as obstructive as 401's current mess of a circled duplex crosshair reticle.

Last edited:
Reactions: taiiat
Upvote 0
the SMG sight could be 'zoomed in' a bit more so there's more space between the Dot and the extra detailing, it's a bit cramped.
Shotgun... probably should stick to a Dot or a thin Circle, fancier sights than that seem preeety superfluous because psst it's a Shotgun.
on the Rifle the the problem most that are taking issue may be the extra detailing might be too thick/too bright, distracting away from the point of aim.

Upvote 0