• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

These bots...what the?!?

Something makes you think that you got lucky. Durring the first SP mission that I completed I witnessed a lot of bots getting stuck, mantling back and forth (was pretty funny), and just plain wandering about. I really didn't expect much at all, but its pretty good.

Honestly I think the sp campaign was a waste of development time.

Upvote 0
The briefing and intro videos actually impressed me a whole lot. Should have made more scripted like sp levels instead of just bot mp games. Had a lot of potential to be something fun to do instead of mp for a bit.

I take the briefings had a lot of inspiration from company of heroes. I swear its the same guy narrating.

Upvote 0
Something makes you think that you got lucky. Durring the first SP mission that I completed I witnessed a lot of bots getting stuck, mantling back and forth (was pretty funny), and just plain wandering about. I really didn't expect much at all, but its pretty good.

Honestly I think the sp campaign was a waste of development time.

Maybe I did as it but I only saw one "silly bot" who was stuck in a trench. I guess i've just never seen bots use terrain so well -just saw a soldier under fire go prone behind some very low cover -meaning he was very aware of its height. I'm from Arma2 dammit, bots aren't supposed to know that!

Another of my soldiers was on the wrong side of a fence (enemy side) and I saw him mantle back over to our side and take a wall - thats pretty damn neat!

I do agree I wish the SP was an actual tactical mission with direct orders to your men with 1 life (or perhaps you could switch between your men should you die).

Upvote 0
first i thought you want to make a flame thread and was ready to throw insults at you but you are 100% right. playing on hero and the bots are def. an improvement to RO1. They do some mistakes here and there (running in cyrcle) but you also have retarded acting real players, people tend to forget that. I#am really happy with the SP and the videos are really impressive+the speaker

Upvote 0
The briefing and intro videos actually impressed me a whole lot. Should have made more scripted like sp levels instead of just bot mp games. Had a lot of potential to be something fun to do instead of mp for a bit.

I take the briefings had a lot of inspiration from company of heroes. I swear its the same guy narrating.
It is the same guy narrating ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I agree that other than running around a bit too much, the bots are actually quite good. I'm playing at the hardest difficulty and they do things fairly well like use cover. However, I really think that the friendly AI is kinda broken. I tried maneuvering them around and often they just have a lot of issues picking good cover or orienting themselves to the enemy. I was hoping this could rival Brothers in Arms, but alas this style of gaming still eludes me.

Upvote 0
You actually think the bot mechanics are that good? I was put off a little bit when trying out the SP campaign. Bots wandering around aimlessly, getting stuck, buzzing back and fourth in your line of fire (most annoyingly when they set up right in front of my face in the opposite direction of the enemy).

I love the game, but I won't be spending much time playing with the bots tbh.

Upvote 0
Wow..tough crowd here. I only played RO:Ost briefly but I do remember those bots being pretty terrible at just about everything. I certainly don't remember them using windows, and leaning in and out of cover in any sort of an intelligible manner.

I find them fun to play with even with the occasional screw-up -there are no open space, non scripted shooters were this doesn't exist.

Upvote 0