• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Everyone keeps on asking for the ground to shake when a tank is driving.
Please people have you ever stood beside a big tractor or back hoe, the ground doesn't shake! The engine would be completely inefficient if the whole god danm thing shook the ground when it was on.
I do agree with ground trembling when shells hit nearby.

Upvote 0
If you bring in vehicles (tanks), just make sure penetrations work somewhat realistically. Just coming from a game in RO:Ost where I sat pounding away with my 88 mm at the sideplate of a T-34 at point-blank range, apparently not even making a dent. Experiences like that just kills the feeling.

Thought it worth enough to stress this that I dedicate my first post here for this request.

Upvote 0
We have a mole!

AustinPowers_Mole.jpg

he told us there's tanks.....therefore it's a fact :p

Upvote 0
Twi hasn't showed any official vehicular thingies. So its logical they wont announce anything. If there were no vehicles at all twi would have probably told the community that already or there would be a big wave of angry people at some point.

However who knows perhaps it would come as a dlc. With the recent stills of tanks my guess is that at the GDC Cologne twi might announce vehicles and a release quarter.

Upvote 0
Please people have you ever stood beside a big tractor or back hoe, the ground doesn't shake! The engine would be completely inefficient if the whole god danm thing shook the ground when it was on.

Believe you me the ground does shake, the windows rattle and the family cat has a frenzy fit...
I'm talking Tanks, not John Deere.

Upvote 0
Go put a clear glass filled with water next to a tracked vehicle or steamroller when its moving.

That's more related to the vibration the ground pressure causes when the vehicle is moving rather than moving the solid ground itself as that would mean the whole landmass it is connected would be moving.

But I have to admit it would be quite handy to move tectonic plates with ease if one could just move the whole ground with few vehicles.

Upvote 0

Sorry, but I am a ww2 reenactor, and I had the pleasure of lying down in a ditch while a t34 drove by. It was the the experience, from what I remember that was quite a bit of shaking. So don't say there is none if you have never experienced it.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I am a ww2 reenactor, and I had the pleasure of lying down in a ditch while a t34 drove by. It was the the experience, from what I remember that was quite a bit of shaking. So don't say there is none if you have never experienced it.

Well, I was driven over by old tin can T-54 (literally over me) when I was in the army. It was part of the training, how to deal with tanks on very close range. And what I remember, the ground most certainly did not shake. Sure, you can feel the vibration, but it

Upvote 0