• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

I would sugest to only make a few vehicles an make them real good.
The main problem in RO is that the tank game is somewhat divorced from the infrantry game , there is no conection , its more like you play aside but not together.

so what i suggest:
-Give tanks poor Optics for spooting infantry ( its unrelistic to see a laying infrantry men 200-300 m away in the gras)
-but give better Optics for long range (over 400 m ) tank to tank combat
-tanks should be able to take more hits
- and should be able to get more different damages e.g turret can

Upvote 0
dont you mean dolphin dive bayo the tank to death?

That reminds me about one case in Steel Panthers : World at War where single remaining squad soldier assaulted tank with a bayonet (as the gamelog put it) and destroyed it. :D :D

Nilsson said:
-Give tanks poor Optics for spooting infantry ( its unrelistic to see a laying infrantry men 200-300 m away in the gras)

It's already rather difficult in RO if you know how to conceal yourself. Try spotting single soldier that is not exposed like "HAY GUYZ PLZ SHOOT ME" on the edge of a field in Bondarevo, Ogledow or so. That includes also not shooting with PTRD or so if the tank is actually looking towards anywhere near that direction.

Besides, the distances might be slightly skewed due scale object syndrome of eye vs monitor vs scale. What seems 300m ingame is easily only around half of the 'actual' distance ingame.

Upvote 0
I would sugest to only make a few vehicles an make them real good.
The main problem in RO is that the tank game is somewhat divorced from the infrantry game , there is no conection , its more like you play aside but not together.

so what i suggest:
-but give better Optics for long range (over 400 m ) tank to tank combat
-tanks should be able to take more hits
- and should be able to get more different damages e.g turret can

Upvote 0
I always found hilarious in ro: ost the lack of presence of tanks.
You can pretty much hear any gun shoot anywhere on the map, but can barely hear the "roaring" steel monster that is its going to run over you.

I agree. I hope that they make them louder, and maybe even the ground tremble a bit if you are close enough. Also, if you bail out, the engine should keep on running. I heard it was hard enough to start a tank.

Upvote 0
I agree. I hope that they make them louder, and maybe even the ground tremble a bit if you are close enough. Also, if you bail out, the engine should keep on running. I heard it was hard enough to start a tank.

I'd guess that the hard part was a cold start. If the engine is still hot then there should be no issue with starting it.

Upvote 0