• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

tanks would be great in ostfront if they werent so buggy, only a slight lag and everything gos to hell... disappearing turrets, teleporting tanks, shots not going where they are supposed to go, deflecting shells from places where they should be perfect scores and viceversa, disappearing MGs... and the list goes on....

IMO tanks in RO:CA felt much better, solid, predictable and less bugged than in ostfront

i hope RO:HoS dont have those problems

I've never had those problems? Are you sure it isn't just your connection, or your rig?

1st shakey cam videos produced no tanks or vehicles in general :( still ALPHA though!! ;)

Did you see that map? Tell me where tanks would have ANY place there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My rig is fine and i'm not the only one who had those problems, I'm surprised you never had them

Problems like that are almost always from having 150+ ping, or a server with a CPU that is overloaded (which often times is the cause of the high ping). This usually happens because server admins can't admit that their machines can't handle vehicle maps, or they just don't monitor their CPU usage.

Upvote 0
Problems like that are almost always from having 150+ ping, or a server with a CPU that is overloaded (which often times is the cause of the high ping). This usually happens because server admins can't admit that their machines can't handle vehicle maps, or they just don't monitor their CPU usage.

I suspected that, the problem is that those are the only populated servers, so the effective result is the same.

I guess a bigger community will reduce those problems.

anyway, I would be disappointed if HoS reached the same dinamic, because i love tank warfare in RO

Upvote 0
I suspected that, the problem is that those are the only populated servers, so the effective result is the same.

anyway, I would be disappointed if HoS reached the same dinamic, because i love tank warfare in RO

Well no matter how good we code the game, we can't prevent overzealous server admins from putting too many players on their servers. But we'll do our best ;)

Upvote 0
I personally can't stand tank only maps. I never want to play as a tanker. I'm cool with transport and light armor vehicles like half tracks. TWI would have to make tanks full of win for me to enjoy them in HOS. The only thing I really like about tanks is when I destroy them while playing infantry.

perfectly legitimate opinion. It takes some time to get used to the slower pace of tank only maps, but there was a good 10 - 20% of the community that liked them and there were many people who were dedicated to them. Some of my best times in RO were spent on Orel. Having tanks and allowing mapers to add large tank maps just adds another flavour to the game and means more money in TWI's bank account.

Upvote 0

In ROOST several guides were given not only by Ramm but by others including me as to what was required with regards to the hardware on a server in order to run a full blown 50 player server without any undue effects regarding client connections.

Hopefully these can be replicated for ROHOS but I do suspect that the hardware for a 32 player UE3 ROHOS server will need to be substanially better than that required to run a 50 player ROOST server.

Ergo if TWI implement 50 player ROHOS servers then it maybe that servers will need to be "top of the line" machines in order to cope with the unreal 3 engine, especially if vehicles are present.

Of course this all depends how much Ramm and the boys can tame the UE3 beast to cater for 50 players if indeed they implement the larger server capacity for ROHOS, which is still very much unkown at present. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds like a game bug?

Never heard of turrets missing because a server is full...lol

When the server gets full it starts asking more processing power for the additional players and that's when the turret dissapearing issue starts to appear.

When krivoirog was just out it clearly happened on the wild bunch servers, and some others as well. Is an issue that appears with missing ticks. But I haven't played on the TWB servers in a while and especially not on tank maps.

You can see at the server the packets (inbound) going, and that should be equal or often 1 below the set server net tickrate (on windows boxes). If that drops more to say 15then the server cannot handle the processing rate and oddities happen due to fluctuating tickrate. (on an empty server that rate can be below the tickrate due to nothing happening but driving around in a tank will always max it even with one person).

So on the wild bunch server which runs on the default tickrate afaik you should mostly see say 19 inbound packets. When that goes down and it did in the past you get weird bugs including dissapearing bullets. And of course this is talking about server side stresses, aka on the net side the packet loss remains 0.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When the server gets full it starts asking more processing power for the additional players and that's when the turret dissapearing issue starts to appear.

When krivoirog was just out it clearly happened on the wild bunch servers, and some others as well. Is an issue that appears with missing ticks. But I haven't played on the TWB servers in a while and especially not on tank maps.

You can see at the server the packets (inbound) going, and that should be equal or often 1 below the set server net tickrate (on windows boxes). If that drops more to say 15then the server cannot handle the processing rate and oddities happen due to fluctuating tickrate. (on an empty server that rate can be below the tickrate due to nothing happening but driving around in a tank will always max it even with one person).

So on the wild bunch server which runs on the default tickrate afaik you should mostly see say 19 inbound packets. When that goes down and it did in the past you get weird bugs including dissapearing bullets. And of course this is talking about server side stresses, aka on the net side the packet loss remains 0.

Hell, it happened a lot during the beta for Krivoi Rog, too, on TWI's servers, and I don't recall us getting even CLOSE to 50 players on the server at a time.

Upvote 0
I want a bike. WWII had bikes right?

Yes, friend WWII had bikes, but which bikes are you talking about?

As WWII had both bikescycles (human foot powered) and Motor bikes.

As I understand it, Germans had whole motor bikes infantry units and bikes cycles units to, though it has been suggested that the motor bikes infantry units started to suffer heavy in USSR and the units were phased out or reduced. Not to mention germans did not have lot of fuel later in the war and it may have been better to give the tanks the fuel than motor bikes I guess.

The USSR used motor bikes for recon units and messagers only late the war (although all major combatants used motor bikes for messagers).

USA, France, UK, Romania, Hungray, USSR, Italy and Canada had Motor bikes units to, but I believe USA, UK, and Canada they were phase out to.

I know of at least on book on the Germany motor bikes by schiffer publishers, and another one whick tells the person story of a German you fought in a motor bike unit, but I am sure there are others out there.

I do not know a lot on this so many someone else could add to this and/or correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,

Sdkfz181

Last edited:
Upvote 0