• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

krad_Poland.jpg

Upvote 0
I personally can't stand tank only maps. I never want to play as a tanker. I'm cool with transport and light armor vehicles like half tracks. TWI would have to make tanks full of win for me to enjoy them in HOS. The only thing I really like about tanks is when I destroy them while playing infantry.

What's that? Uh oh, a revelation coming on! DON'T PLAY TANK MAPS THEN.

Upvote 0
I would enjoy tanking a lot more if there was more detail into the vehicles.
Not visual detail, but operational detail.

Gears that can be switched so you can set things correctly for different types of terrain or slopes (although not realistic there should probably be an automatic shifting mode for those that prefer).

Changes in the penetration, damage code, and damage sections.

Taking time to switch position and entering exeting a tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't play tank maps. I understand that tanks are a big part of the community lots of people like them, I don't sorry I stated my opinion. RO never had tanks originally it was because of the make something unreal contest they added them in. If TWI can make tanks work better in HOS then maybe I'll change my mind. Time will only tell.

Tanks work better? Good sir, RO has one of the best, if not the best, armour and damage systems I have ever seen for tanks. The only one that tops it is Men of War. Not to mention combined arms maps are usually very fun- Leningrad for instance, and that one map where the Russian's last position is a trench overlooking a river, as well as many other maps I can't remember right now. I can respect that you don't like them though.

Upvote 0
Things that are would make tanks better.

1. Being able to roll over obstacles like wooden fences.

2. Vehicle specific voice communication with tank crew.

3. Animation entering and exiting tanks.

4. Vehicles in general feel clunky to drive.

I like combined arms maps where there is only a few tanks per side. I enjoy destroying tanks with anti vehicle weaponry. The wide open maps that have more tanks than infantry just seem unrealistic to me. Where there battles with more tanks than infantry ever?

Upvote 0
Things that are would make tanks better.

1. Being able to roll over obstacles like wooden fences.

2. Vehicle specific voice communication with tank crew.

3. Animation entering and exiting tanks.

4. Vehicles in general feel clunky to drive.

I like combined arms maps where there is only a few tanks per side. I enjoy destroying tanks with anti vehicle weaponry. The wide open maps that have more tanks than infantry just seem unrealistic to me. Where there battles with more tanks than infantry ever?

There were indeed battles mainly between tanks, or battles where the infantry didn't show their heads often. Kursk, for instance, turned into a massive armoured brawl. There were also smaller engagments between almsot exclusivley armor. Besides, they're fun. As for vehicles feeling clunky to drive- tanks are clunky to drive. Most armoured vehicles are. Even the T-34 would have been clunky, because, well, they're tanks. Tanks weigh alot, and are large, etc.

Upvote 0

I have to agree with this a little. I would rather have one tank in support of the infantry when going for objectives.....a good example of this is the "Pavlovs House" map where the germans get 1 Stug for support and everyone else is infantry.
The only problem with a few tanks is half the time some idiot with a fast computer chooses the tank class and ruins it....kind of like an "ROPLAYER" going for SL position:D

Upvote 0
tanks would be great in ostfront if they werent so buggy, only a slight lag and everything gos to hell... disappearing turrets, teleporting tanks, shots not going where they are supposed to go, deflecting shells from places where they should be perfect scores and viceversa, disappearing MGs... and the list goes on....

IMO tanks in RO:CA felt much better, solid, predictable and less bugged than in ostfront

i hope RO:HoS dont have those problems

Upvote 0
Don't worry friends, it can't be RO game w/o tanks :D

I'm hoping for more combined maps (1 or 2 tanks + infantry) and like Shurek said large scale map with long range battles :)

Prior to RO Beta 3.0, there weren't any tanks, and it was still RO.

But I agree, I doubt TW would go back. The multi-crewed tanks are one of the defining features of RO.

I wonder if canon shot penetration will be implemented, and what effect that would have on, say a house or shack in front of a tank...

I'd also like to add, I hope the clown car usage is addressed. Insta-exit and ramming into tanks to stop should be fatal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0