There will be vehicles

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Hans Ludwig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 13, 2010
I don't see why we can't get a yes or no on if there will be tanks, which I hope there will be.

Nilsson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 26, 2007
Deutschland
www.dor-clan.de.nr
I would sugest to only make a few vehicles an make them real good.
The main problem in RO is that the tank game is somewhat divorced from the infrantry game , there is no conection , its more like you play aside but not together.

so what i suggest:
-Give tanks poor Optics for spooting infantry ( its unrelistic to see a laying infrantry men 200-300 m away in the gras)
-but give better Optics for long range (over 400 m ) tank to tank combat
-tanks should be able to take more hits
- and should be able to get more different damages e.g turret can

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
switching positions inside a tank at the moment is currently instantanious, yet you want it to be shorter. So when you press the button you should have switched postion before actually pressing it or what :eek:?

Last edited:

sampsa

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 30, 2006
Reserve
I approve the idea of decreasing tanks ability to spot hidden infantry. Also no more hybrid tanks that have silent engine that allows them to sneak up on people.

Jamer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Yeah I'm sure Tripwire is thinking gee, RO Ostfront was successful so lets not put tanks in RO HOS.:rolleyes:

Oldih

Glorious IS-2 Comrade
Nov 22, 2005
Finland
dont you mean dolphin dive bayo the tank to death?

That reminds me about one case in Steel Panthers : World at War where single remaining squad soldier assaulted tank with a bayonet (as the gamelog put it) and destroyed it. :D :D

Nilsson said:
-Give tanks poor Optics for spooting infantry ( its unrelistic to see a laying infrantry men 200-300 m away in the gras)

It's already rather difficult in RO if you know how to conceal yourself. Try spotting single soldier that is not exposed like "HAY GUYZ PLZ SHOOT ME" on the edge of a field in Bondarevo, Ogledow or so. That includes also not shooting with PTRD or so if the tank is actually looking towards anywhere near that direction.

Besides, the distances might be slightly skewed due scale object syndrome of eye vs monitor vs scale. What seems 300m ingame is easily only around half of the 'actual' distance ingame.

Dwin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2007
I would sugest to only make a few vehicles an make them real good.
The main problem in RO is that the tank game is somewhat divorced from the infrantry game , there is no conection , its more like you play aside but not together.

so what i suggest:
-but give better Optics for long range (over 400 m ) tank to tank combat
-tanks should be able to take more hits
- and should be able to get more different damages e.g turret can

Alexei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
I always found hilarious in ro: ost the lack of presence of tanks.
You can pretty much hear any gun shoot anywhere on the map, but can barely hear the "roaring" steel monster that is its going to run over you.

Last edited:

Ralfst3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
I always found hilarious in ro: ost the lack of presence of tanks.
You can pretty much hear any gun shoot anywhere on the map, but can barely hear the "roaring" steel monster that is its going to run over you.

I agree. I hope that they make them louder, and maybe even the ground tremble a bit if you are close enough. Also, if you bail out, the engine should keep on running. I heard it was hard enough to start a tank.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I agree. I hope that they make them louder, and maybe even the ground tremble a bit if you are close enough. Also, if you bail out, the engine should keep on running. I heard it was hard enough to start a tank.

I'd guess that the hard part was a cold start. If the engine is still hot then there should be no issue with starting it.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
So I just have to ask. What vehicles?