• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There as to be a FAIR way!

Stahlhelmii

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Why is it that the game rewards those with the fastest connections by letting them get connected to the server first, then have their pick of teams (always German), then their pick of the class slots (always assault & elite rifleman). The guys with slower connections -- yes, like me -- finally get connected and have their choice of Russian or Russian, bolt action or bolt action. Stay on the server and unless someone on the german side decides to switch for some reason, this will go on game after game, the same guys hogging everything desireable.

WTH doesn't the game provide a 10-15 second period from the time the first connection is made, THEN have a countdown to give everyone a somewhat fairer chance of getting the team and class they want? Why do the same guys with 10 million megabaud connections always get the Mkb42's, the sniper slots, and the marksman slots? I have not had one single opportunity since release to take sniper. I mean, all things being equal, odds are odds. Clearly there is an element of unfairness in the mechanics of team and class selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenma
I take it you never played RO? It sucks for those affected, but that's how it's always been. =\

Of course I did, and that wasn't fair, either. It was BS then, and it's BS now. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it to the point of not wanting to play anymore, and I'm sure hundreds of others are, too. Why do the same people get the best spots every single time? Because they're lucky enough to live in an area that has uber-internet available? Yes, there's some well thought-out game design.

Upvote 0
Of course I did, and that wasn't fair, either. It was BS then, and it's BS now. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it to the point of not wanting to play anymore, and I'm sure hundreds of others are, too. Why do the same people get the best spots every single time? Because they're lucky enough to live in an area that has uber-internet available? Yes, there's some well thought-out game design.

I can't really empathize, as it doesn't affect me, but I'd take that over 20 snipers per team, and it so far is the only mechanic anyone's developed to accomplish that. :confused:

Upvote 0
Clowns. Suck this. I never take battlefield commissions. It's bs to just swipe someone's kit without them even knowing about it. I'm not an ignorant POS ... I actually have consideration for other people. Seems to be a big problem in game with a lot of people though, doesn't it?

I wasn't telling you to suck less, I was pointing out the uselessness of the quoted post by summarizing it. Sorry if that didn't come through.

Upvote 0
I have a lowly Intel Core 2 (E8500) and only 8GB of RAM and I find I'm always among the first 2 or 3 people to be completely loaded into the game.

Unless you have dial-up internet I can't see how you're loading in after the entire German team is already filled up. You're talking about right after a map change right?

Upvote 0
Clowns. Suck this. I never take battlefield commissions. It's bs to just swipe someone's kit without them even knowing about it. I'm not an ignorant POS ... I actually have consideration for other people. Seems to be a big problem in game with a lot of people though, doesn't it?

That might explain how I suddenly found myself holding a Russian LMG the other night. I thought it was a bug.

Upvote 0
Then people would whine about never getting marksman because they can't spam left click fast enough when everybody zerg rushes the marksman class. :p

That WOULD be whining. You can't tell me, though, that it's fair that every time several players load the game, 75% of the slots have already been taken before they even got to the selection screen.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind a log-in grace period, and then "Apply" for any class but rifle man. At the end of the grace period the non-standard classes of the map get passed out at random to those who wanted them. Have stats track your wins:losses, and weight your chances accordingly. If you've been sniper the last 10 games in a row, then your chances of getting it are getting lower and lower. If you've been stuck with rifle for ages, then your chances of getting a desired weapon goes way up compared to those who have had them recently.

Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind a log-in grace period, and then "Apply" for any class but rifle man. At the end of the grace period the non-standard classes of the map get passed out at random to those who wanted them. Have stats track your wins:losses, and weight your chances accordingly. If you've been sniper the last 10 games in a row, then your chances of getting it are getting lower and lower. If you've been stuck with rifle for ages, then your chances of getting a desired weapon goes way up compared to those who have had them recently.

That actually sounds like a pretty fair and workable system!

Upvote 0

Of course for that, stats would have to actually be working.........and then you'd have the same issue with the stat-whores (not the ueber-systems) getting the roles. IMO the battlefield promotions are the way to go. Play well as rifleman and you'll snipe a role from a sucker who......well...sucks! :D

Upvote 0
I have a fast computer, 7200 rpm hd ... you can't tell me when I'm 40th connecting to a game that 39 guys have an SSD.

So how slow is your internet? The server doesn't upload the map or something, it's on your harddisk. Loading a map takes about 7 seconds here, and I got it on my 7200rpm harddisk but also got a SSD (where windows is installed on) which makes my normal harddisk also much faster.

Upvote 0