• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

Reddog said:
Ok so I have been reading some more about this game, three things stand out to me;

1) No buildings will be enterable.

2) Tank guns are being 'nerfed' over range to balance things out...

3) No mortar teams.

Honestly how can they call it a successor to Combat Mission???

But at the same time, they keep saying it is possible, they are just figuring out a way to implement it. And why do people judge when they haven't even played the demo yet. The game still sounds by far as the best WWII RTS wargame.

1) Engine is capable of doing this, however they had camare and interface issues. They need to figure out how to implement it properly. They even said they had it in game, but took it out untill they can make it streamlined and bug free.

2) I haven't heard this, they did say they are correcting the ranges and ballistics for most weapons. They did say some weapons are a bit off and are correcting this before release.

3) were in game, but were taken out. They are looking into adding them again. If not for initial release for an addon or patch, same with the entering buildings.

I already know this game will surpass any other WWII RTS that is out there. All the other WWII RTS are ****, just look at CoH. So damn arcadey and unrealistic. This game will be very realistic and no doubt will be the best out there. They never said it to be a succesor to CM series. Only that it goes hand in hand with it. They mentioned it having so many things they always wanted for CM to have.

Again its WiP, and lot of it is subject to change and they mentioned the things you listed as being worked on and fixed.

Upvote 0
But at the same time, they keep saying it is possible, they are just figuring out a way to implement it. And why do people judge when they haven't even played the demo yet. The game still sounds by far as the best WWII RTS wargame.

1) Engine is capable of doing this, however they had camare and interface issues. They need to figure out how to implement it properly. They even said they had it in game, but took it out untill they can make it streamlined and bug free.

2) I haven't heard this, they did say they are correcting the ranges and ballistics for most weapons. They did say some weapons are a bit off and are correcting this before release.

3) were in game, but were taken out. They are looking into adding them again. If not for initial release for an addon or patch, same with the entering buildings.

I already know this game will surpass any other WWII RTS that is out there. All the other WWII RTS are ****, just look at CoH. So damn arcadey and unrealistic. This game will be very realistic and no doubt will be the best out there. They never said it to be a succesor to CM series. Only that it goes hand in hand with it. They mentioned it having so many things they always wanted for CM to have.

Again its WiP, and lot of it is subject to change and they mentioned the things you listed as being worked on and fixed.

I hate it when developers don't have something in yet but act as if it is only a matter of time. It's immaterial when you think about it.

Let's not mince words: the bottom line is when you buy the game, it won't have mortar teams or enterable buildings, it doesn't matter if the engine can do it or not, the bottom line is you either have it in your game or you don't.

Even if these things show up in a patch or expansion pack, it will be a while, so people will probably be playing the game for a year or more before they actually see those things implemented, by which point many will have moved on.

PS: Of course this game will still be awesome probably, make no mistake. But I agree with others in saying that it is hard to have a true WWII strategy game at the company level being realistic without mortars or being able to enter structures. Even CoH for its arcadey flavor has full structural physics and mortar teams.

Upvote 0
Damn, I really hope they'll be able to pull this one off. :eek: Looks really, really nifty. Can't wait for the demo.

It's funny how most of the innovative and fresh games come from small and mostly unknown companies.
Correction: Unknown(to the mainstream) European companies.

I've been keeping an eye on this one since it started. 1C has quite the reputation, one of the best developers out there along with Bohemia Interactive, Battlefront and Tripwire. ;)

Upvote 0
Damn, I really hope they'll be able to pull this one off. :eek: Looks really, really nifty. Can't wait for the demo.

It's funny how most of the innovative and fresh games come from small and mostly unknown companies.

Yep, gaming has become like cinema. You have to look for the low budget, independent stuff to find innovations while the big budget pre-fabricated games are mostly rehashed junk.

Upvote 0