• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

SimFreak

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
Chino, CA.
Their new website is up with new screenies. Looks nice...

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/index.html

grab0031.jpg

Amazing, they have been seying they got a big announcement comming in the form a new WWII game, and this is it. WOW! Sounds and look amazing, I wonder if those dents from rounds is there to begin with or show up as your tanks get pounded.

Here are some of the features of the game. The detail is amazing, I am looking forward to this game.

• Real Time Combat Simulation – Realistic shell ballistics, armor penetration calculations and damage
    effects coupled with destructible environments, trenches, fortifications and individually tracked
    weapons, equipment, ammo and vehicles
  • 5 Historical Campaigns, each with unique units and equipment – US, UK, Soviet, German, French and
    Polish<LI class=text>Over 40 historically accurate campaign missions based on real WWII battles
  • Over 30 different maps designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of
    seasons, weather conditions and environments
  • 5 Single (non-campaign) Battles plus 3 Training scenarios
  • Unique Role Playing Elements: soldiers gain experience and new skills as they progress though the
    campaigns
  • Soldiers can be Promoted and awarded Medals and Decorations
  • Real World Military Tactics: Units fight using authentic tactical formations, realistic battle drills and
    operating procedures specific to their nationality
  • Amazing Freedom of Action: Replace and reinforce gun crews, pick up dropped weapons, capture
    enemy equipment and even select specific weapons and ammo to use
  • Advanced Individual Unit AI: Units intelligently react to changing battle situations and conditions.
    They will take cover, avoid obstacles and seek to gain the upper hand against their enemies
  • Huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of different unit types including
    Tanks, AT Guns, Support Vehicles, Armored Cars, MG Teams, Anti-Tank Rifles, Aircraft, Artillery,
    Infantry and more from the major nations of WWII; all based on historical military sources
  • Dynamic Battlefields; Wage war in all four seasons over beautifully rendered landscapes. Watch as
    trees get knocked over by tanks, vehicles crush men and equipment under their treads, tracers stitch
    across no mans land and high explosive shells leave huge smoking craters
  • Devastating Airstrikes and Artillery Barrages
  • State of the art 3D character animation and graphics
  • Easy to use order system. Command your troops quickly and efficiently and keep tabs on their
    individual status with the innovate soldier monitor system
  • Multiplayer support (Internet/LAN)
Edit: About tanks having shell markings after recieving a hit, its true. Here is a thread on the forums by one of the devs.
http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=63;t=000011

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grobut said:
How does it play though? FPS? RTS? looking at thouse screens its not emdiately clear..
Uhh did you read any of the features? They give it away....
Its playes like any CM game however it is Real Time instead of the WEGO system CM games had.

There is a pause which allows you to still issue orders while having the game paused. There is also a playback option, which lets you replay the entire battle after it is done.

I am excited about this game, it looks and sounds amazing, I mean its basicly another CM game with better graphics and more bells and whistels sort of speak.

Upvote 0
Jimmy said:
This game looks awfully like that RTS that was meant to released about three years ago. I can't remember it's first name, but it got renamed to "WW2 RTS" at some point. :p

Either way, looking good.

Battlefield Command, or War Command or something along those lines with the name command in it. I know what you are talking about, it is the same company, however Battlefront partnered up with them (bought them?) to speed along the development of the game, add features, polish it, stabalize it and finnish it.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
Uhh did you read any of the features? They give it away....
Its playes like any CM game however it is Real Time instead of the WEGO system CM games had.

There is a pause which allows you to still issue orders while having the game paused. There is also a playback option, which lets you replay the entire battle after it is done.

I am excited about this game, it looks and sounds amazing, I mean its basicly another CM game with better graphics and more bells and whistels sort of speak.

Having never played CM, that information is worth so very little..

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
Having never played CM, that information is worth so very little..

Well reading the features I provided, the link to the game site and the interview should be enough for a person to figure out or get an idea of the game. Its not very hard...I hate to be so synical but ffs!

Its an RTS, but not a lick fest like all the other ones. Its a wargame, but real time. Real weapon balistics, armor thickness, all this is a claculated in game. No hit points, no health meters, just realistic game as it should be.

Features say it all...

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
No, the feature list says nothing about camera angle, some of the features suggested RTS, whilst many of the screens suggested FPS, hence the confusion..

I don't see the confusion at all....:confused: When I read about it one the website, to me it made perfect sense as to what the game is about.

Whatever, its going to be an awesome game, on par with the CM series, reading the interview had me sold, actually more than sold if that is possible. Everything about the game looks and sounds amazing.

Upvote 0
Ah, yes. I've been following this game since it was called WWII RTS.

Have been waiting for it for years, it's great to see they have a website and seem to have sped up the development process.

For anyone who doesn't know, these guys are the people behind the IL-2 STURMOVIK series, and they are pretty much the most hardcore developers out there.

It has best RTS ever written all over it. I can't wait!

So did they get bought or something? Or just picked up by a publisher?

Upvote 0