• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The XM-21 and PAX Reminder!

- Eliminate recon except for commanders. Why would every soldier have a magic radar set?
This point is highly subjective. I like it how it is for example.

I would go even further: Make SL Marks visible for everyone, color code all the different squads, color code the squad leaders etc. This would encourage much more teamplay without using a microphone. I know many want people to use that but it will not work properly in a videogame with complete strangers.

Your second point is 100% valid though.

The planes themselves don't but the things guiding the planes around do.
Just for my understanding: The guide-nodes actually have collision?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The planes are just a matinee actor with a mesh attached to it. The mapper creates the flight path and it's up to them to set appropriate height, speed and turns.

As for collision, they do have it, but in RO2 you're correct in that when two planes hit each other, the game doesn't know what to do. It tries to interpolate the movement to the next location in the sequence and can't because they're stuck on each other. That won't happen in RS2, for two reasons. One, when planes crash into something now (including the ground), they explode and two, the Vietnamese don't have recon planes to crash into.

Upvote 0
Almost a month without new info. Any chance we get some this week.
Alsoi noticed some guys, who participated in RS beta, playing RS2 alpha. Any chance to join them for participants of RS closed beta(one with NDA)?
I would really like to participate in the RS2 alpha too. I want to point out bugs and such directly and don't want to go back to RO2/RS for that.

I expect new info at E3. I don't think we'll get more till then.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this is quite weird. No notice, no word, they just abruptly disappeared...
Enjoyed a lot those weekly wip posts. I'm not a fan of such attitude, but what can you do.
Obviously they don't care too much about this type of fan interaction (at this point in the production process) or smth. Who knows...

Upvote 0
They announced Rising Storm 2 as part of the PC gaming show, which was a special event that may or may not happen again. Afaik they never had their own booth at E3 and I doubt they will in the future. This doesn't mean there won't be any news during E3, but since a massive announcement is not likely I doubt they will not tell us more about RS2 during the week when it will be buried under random gaming news anyway ...

Upvote 0